West Dundee, IL

Posted June 12, 2014
Cant say enough good things about the teachers and staff. We are blessed to be able to send both our children (1st and 6th) to this school. They are loved and valued.

Posted April 15, 2014
There are some wonderful teachers but, on the whole, I would rate St. Catherine as mediocre at best. The fourth grade teacher is caring, genuine and flexible. She shows personal interest in a child's development. Unfortunately she is a rarity. The administration is uninspiring and certainly uninvolved. The parents are active, but frequently run at odds with the administration.

Posted January 11, 2013
I have two children who have graduated from St. Catherine and gone on to do very well in high school. I found St. Catherine to provide a wonderful environment for my children. They received an excellent education.

Posted February 14, 2012
It is so sad that this school chooses to not help the students or care if they do well or not.this is lead by the principal who does not care and will not get involved.Some of the teachers are great,but too many shouldn't be teaching, and are never held accountable.Some teachers don't even teach from any books and have no lesson plan. Clearly this school doesn't practice no child left behind. There are much better schools out there do not choose this school.

Posted May 25, 2010
My child is an above average student and thank God for that or he would have learned nothing this year in Kindergarten! As he was the only child "unable to integrate", I was point blank told by the teacher that she wasn't altering her normal classroom procedure to help him adjust. What educator doesn't "waste time" with a kid having problems? I got more help for my son in a ten minute interview with the local public school principal than I did from a whole year at St. Catherine's with the principal, teacher, AND social worker telling me they wouldn't help him, take him somewhere else. So much for the notion of "least of my brothers"

Posted April 27, 2010
This school has only gotten worse with the new prinipal and administration. It is in desperate need of some people to change the way it teaches, disiplines, and interacts with the average student. Would not ever send my son there again!

Posted June 22, 2009
I am so surprised to read the negative reviews here. All I know is that I think St. Catherine is a GREAT school. I am impressed by how nice the kids are and how involved the parents are. It's a good school academically.

St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2009
I agree with the previous post. The school should review the programs/services that are offered to the students and parents. The school does not offer full day kindergarten, no after-school care and no three year old day care. I have gone to several Education meetings at the school and there seems to be a disconnect between the school/church and the parents that pay the tuition to support the school. I am dissapointed that the new administration that has been in charge of the school for approximately two years now has not put in place any programs to help support students and parents. The Principal is excellent and I personally am sad to see her leave. The teacher quality receives three stars from me. Parent involvement is high at the school. Safety is a priority of all the staff over the students, but disicipline is inconsistent.

Posted April 21, 2009
This school needs to take a look at how the public schools are changing and they need to do the same. Every child is different and every child learns differently. No matter how much St. Catherine's wants to be a 'prep/honors' school it won't happen unless they decide to let enrollment go even further down (and it already has gone way down) and only keep their honor students! But good luck keeping the school alive if that happens. Administration is sorely lacking and for the one person that mentions no anger seen.....its there and very visable!

Posted April 09, 2009

St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School
845 West Main Street, West Dundee, IL  60118
Last modified St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top