West Dundee, IL

Posted February 27, 2015
St. Catherine's has been a great school for my family - in addition to the excellent education my children are receiving, they have also had the opportunity to join many different teams and clubs such as Cross Country, Basketball, Volleyball, Poms, German Club, Chess Club, Book Club, Art Club, National Junior Honor Society, and Student Council. They participate in programs such as Character Counts, BEST, and DARE which further aid in their communication and coping skills as they grow and encounter different situations. There are all-school events as well - Breakfast with Baby Jesus, Trunk-or-Treat (gone this year but hopefully back again soon), Mother-Son Event, Daddy-Daughter Dance, Catholic Schools Week, and Sports Award program which allows us to get together and celebrate as a school community. When I've had concerns (and believe me, everyone everywhere encounters a concern at some point or another), I've had no problem dealing with either other parents, teachers, or the administration. All have been open to listening to me to work toward a mutually acceptable solution. Great school - great community!

Posted February 24, 2015
We are also a longtime family at St. Catherine's and have never had a negative experience with any of the teachers or administration. Problems, including bullying and behavioral issues, if brought to the administration's attention, are handled appropriately and immediately. The school started a "Principal's Advisory Committee" which actively engages parents and encourages an open line of communication. Academically, St. Catherine's is top notch. The preschool program incorporates a reading series, which has the children on track to read when they enter Kindergarten. The middle school children are challenged and participate in programs such as The Illinois History Fair and Science Fair, giving them the competitive edge they will need in High School. I would highly recommend St. Catherine's to anyone who is looking for a great Catholic education, and an exceptional curriculum.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 24, 2015
I have had kids at this school for the past 9 years. My children have received a quality, top notch education and this school has prepared them. The teachers and staff are dedicated, easily approachable, supportive and committed to the students! Here is a list of just a few of the amazing things my kids come home talking about: smart boards in every room, science fair projects, literature debates, math games, praying and learning about the Lord, and great friends. I could not be more pleased and would recommend this school to everyone.
4 people found this helpful

St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2015
My children have attended Saint Catherine for 8 years. I believe they are well prepared academically and spiritually for their teenage years ahead. I believe Saint Catherine also instituted the Character Counts program in 2014, which further enhances the school's commitment to personal development. There are some outstanding teachers and great families at Saint Catherine.

Posted February 24, 2015
Great school! Not sure what else I can say except that we've had a great experience here with our children!

St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School 2

Posted February 20, 2015
We have been a long time family at St Catherine's School and I can say that the academic level is a step above the public schools however the attitudes of the teachers and especially the administration are not the values you are hoping or paying for in a Catholic school. Many families seem to have trouble with bullying with no assistance from the administration and have even transferred out of the school.

Posted February 12, 2015
My children received an excellent education at St. Catherine of Siena School. They were challenged in their classes and the teachers were very caring. In addition to their regular classroom teachers they received specialized instruction in Music, Art, Technology, Foreign Language and Physical Education. The Catholic Education gave them a spiritual and moral foundation that will serve them well the rest of their lives.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 21, 2015
I was really surprised to see the 3 star rating and some of the bad reviews this school has. We live in district 300 and were unimpressed with the public schools. We researched and visited a number of private schools in the area and St. Catherine's was definitely the best. It has far more technology than other schools in the area and it has a quality faculty that really cares about the school and it's students. As I talk to other parents at the school, almost all seem very happy with the education their children are getting at the school. The content is definitely more challenging than other schools in the area. It really is a great school!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 12, 2014
Cant say enough good things about the teachers and staff. We are blessed to be able to send both our children (1st and 6th) to this school. They are loved and valued.
3 people found this helpful

St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2014
There are some wonderful teachers but, on the whole, I would rate St. Catherine as mediocre at best. The fourth grade teacher is caring, genuine and flexible. She shows personal interest in a child's development. Unfortunately she is a rarity. The administration is uninspiring and certainly uninvolved. The parents are active, but frequently run at odds with the administration.

St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School
845 West Main Street, West Dundee, IL  60118
Last modified St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top