PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

St. Catherine school is the greatest school! The teachers are world class. The dedication they show is unprecedented. Mrs. Link (the principal) literally has an open door every single day, she is engaged, approachable and committed to ensuring the children are safe physically and emotionally. The entire team is committed to the success of each and every child. The school exudes integrity. Mrs. Link ensures a gossip free environment that is solely focused on the children. It is honestly shocking how down to earth, non judgmental, hard working and focused the faculty is .... St. Catherine school is for you and your family if you want a top notch education, a supportive, down to earth approach and a faculty that models the winning way! Father Deblock is committed to teaching and ensuring the children understand "the why" He is so charismatic and brings the bible to life for all of us. Father puts thought into each one of us and leads our parish with humility, sincerity, warmth....and hard work! I am blessed and proud to have my son attend St. Catherine of Siena.

We joined the St. Catherine of Siena family this year. Our two children (grade 5 and 2) are very happy and I say we joined a family because that is what it is....a community that supports each other and works together for the greater good. Our transition was seamless and we couldn't be happier. We give five star rating for: the quality of the academics, the Catholic education, the focus on character, the outstanding Physical Education program and Athletics, the professionalism and general authenticity of the Principal, Teachers and staff and the community of parents. From the moment we stepped in the door, we felt welcome and our children are receiving a quality education with an strong math and science program.

We are a longtime family at St. Catherine of Siena School. In our opinion, St. Catherine's offers the most well-rounded education in the area. We have never had a problem with the faculty or the staff. In addition to the core subjects, a foreign language is offered from Kindergarten through 8th grade. The school offers an excellent, state of the art, computer tech lab, which grades pre-K through 8 utilize. My children were able to test out of high school typing due to the skills they learned here. Eighth grade offers Algebra 1, which allowed my children to enter high school at the honors geometry level. There are plenty of extracurricular sports programs and after school clubs offered. The faculty has high expectations of the children. For those who qualify, St. Catherine's offers induction into the National Junior Honor Society, which helps prepare them for high school. St. Catherine's School provided a well-rounded education to my children, along with good study habits, which they have used throughout their high school and college years.

St. Catherine's has been a great school for my family - in addition to the excellent education my children are receiving, they have also had the opportunity to join many different teams and clubs such as Cross Country, Basketball, Volleyball, Poms, German Club, Chess Club, Book Club, Art Club, National Junior Honor Society, and Student Council. They participate in programs such as Character Counts, BEST, and DARE which further aid in their communication and coping skills as they grow and encounter different situations. There are all-school events as well - Breakfast with Baby Jesus, Trunk-or-Treat (gone this year but hopefully back again soon), Mother-Son Event, Daddy-Daughter Dance, Catholic Schools Week, and Sports Award program which allows us to get together and celebrate as a school community. When I've had concerns (and believe me, everyone everywhere encounters a concern at some point or another), I've had no problem dealing with either other parents, teachers, or the administration. All have been open to listening to me to work toward a mutually acceptable solution. Great school - great community!

We are also a longtime family at St. Catherine's and have never had a negative experience with any of the teachers or administration. Problems, including bullying and behavioral issues, if brought to the administration's attention, are handled appropriately and immediately. The school started a "Principal's Advisory Committee" which actively engages parents and encourages an open line of communication. Academically, St. Catherine's is top notch. The preschool program incorporates a reading series, which has the children on track to read when they enter Kindergarten. The middle school children are challenged and participate in programs such as The Illinois History Fair and Science Fair, giving them the competitive edge they will need in High School. I would highly recommend St. Catherine's to anyone who is looking for a great Catholic education, and an exceptional curriculum.

I have had kids at this school for the past 9 years. My children have received a quality, top notch education and this school has prepared them. The teachers and staff are dedicated, easily approachable, supportive and committed to the students! Here is a list of just a few of the amazing things my kids come home talking about: smart boards in every room, science fair projects, literature debates, math games, praying and learning about the Lord, and great friends. I could not be more pleased and would recommend this school to everyone.

My children have attended Saint Catherine for 8 years. I believe they are well prepared academically and spiritually for their teenage years ahead. I believe Saint Catherine also instituted the Character Counts program in 2014, which further enhances the school's commitment to personal development. There are some outstanding teachers and great families at Saint Catherine.

Great school! Not sure what else I can say except that we've had a great experience here with our children!

We have been a long time family at St Catherine's School and I can say that the academic level is a step above the public schools however the attitudes of the teachers and especially the administration are not the values you are hoping or paying for in a Catholic school. Many families seem to have trouble with bullying with no assistance from the administration and have even transferred out of the school.

My children received an excellent education at St. Catherine of Siena School. They were challenged in their classes and the teachers were very caring. In addition to their regular classroom teachers they received specialized instruction in Music, Art, Technology, Foreign Language and Physical Education. The Catholic Education gave them a spiritual and moral foundation that will serve them well the rest of their lives.

Last modified St Catherine Of Siena Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8