Posted September 25, 2014
I went to Dundee Highlands Elementary School. When i was in this school i had some great times and i can honestly still say that this school is the best school that i have ever been to. I am now 21 but i still say this school is the best ever. Please let your children go to this wonderful school.

Dundee Highlands Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2014
I have had kids at this school for the past 10 years and have been happy with all parts of the school. The previous reviewer totally blew things out of proportion and a parent survey did not support her opinion. I do have to make a comment on the student to teacher ratio reported as 15:1. Unless they are using the aides, lunch ladies and janitorial staff in their formula, I am not sure how they arrived at that number. I have seen class sizes as low as 22 kids and as high as 32 kids.

Dundee Highlands Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2014
At Dundee Highlands Elementary School they have no regard for anything but test scores. They have a reward system that implements the use of CANDY and GUM to get students to LIKE teachers and to FOCUS while test taking...(these were some comments by the teachers by the way.) I'm not sure why the teachers are feeding students in the first place without parental permission! Schools are supposed to be teaching about health and nutrition, so if candy is given for rewards how is that reiniforcing good nutrition? Childhood obesity rates are climbing and they feel the need to go the easy route with candy rewards. Also, this past horrible winter there was alot of indoor recess. For a 3 week span my kid watched movies like toy story instead of playing games, doing centers, crafting or communicating with the other kids (playing). Other school districts prohibit candy and movies for recess, so why are they still in the dark about healthy habits!

Posted January 31, 2010
This school won an Academic Excellence award. That is a wonderful attribute. I have been very happy with Dundee Highlands and with the district. There is a commitment to improve the quality at all schools, and it shows. What I like most at Highlands is that the teachers do a very good job of listening to the parent. There is an occasional teacher that should retire; however, I would say that 99% of the teaching staff is excellent. This new principal is very committed to improving the standards and quality. I like many of the changes that she has made. There is a nice selection of extracurricular activities, although I would like to see a few more added. The PTC is very involved and the school is wonderful to allow us that kind of access. We moved here from a very good district.

Posted September 24, 2009

Dundee Highlands Elementary School 0

Posted November 19, 2008
Due to joint custody issues with my two children's father, I had to take my, then, first grader out of a private school that he had attended, reluctantly. I enrolled him for second grade and my kindergartner at Dundee Highlands in the '07-'08 school year. To my surprise, the staff were very hands-on and very helpful and willing to take any measures in ensuring academic success for my children. Particularly my son, who has an over-active personality, although smart, his activity level hindered his learning process and the teachers and staff were helpful in working together to find a solution. I recommend this school highly, it is very family and community oriented.

Posted July 27, 2008
I have been very impressed with the staff and the level of involvement from the teachers at this school. I would say it is very on par with private schools in the area. They really provide the tools in order for the children to reach their full potential. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Posted October 17, 2007
I also started my children with a private school that was costly and had a great reputation for academic excellence. To my surprise when moving one of my children from the private school to Dundee Highlands, it was within a week that the Highlands staff detected slow reading in my child. At the private school, my child was reading above grade level? My point is this; if your child has an opportunity to attend Dundee Highlands they will receive a far superior education than any private elementary school in the area. The staff is attentive, dedicated and community oriented.My family could not be more pleased to have been so lucky with this school. The students are socially and academically on the right track! The extra-curricular (art, music, band, orchestra and field trips all take extra efforts by the staff and they enjoy it!

Posted September 28, 2007
I had my son in an 'expensive' private school from PreK - 3rd grade. I thought having my son there would be better academically. During 3rd grade, i knew it was time for a change. The teachers didn't want to teach, they wanted to lecture for each class and then assign homework to be done (and taught again) at home. After lengthly interviews with Dundee Highland's staff, principal, and teachers....we made the move for 4th and 5th grade. Wow !! What a tremendous change. The teachers ' teach '. They made my son so welcome and proud of his work. I didn't see as much homework, because he would do it during school with the teacher's supervision. The teachers all want to be sure every child succeeds, understands what they are learning, & RETAIN what they have learned. !! Awesome School, Great Teachers !

Posted May 09, 2007

Dundee Highlands Elementary School
407 South 5th Street, West Dundee, IL  60118
Last modified Dundee Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dundee Highlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top