Westmont Jr High School 5

Posted August 08, 2014
Great school, especially with the new superintendent and principal focusing on a more robust curriculum. The majority of teachers are engaged, enthusiastic, and want the children to be successful. The school climate is positive and excited. My child is involved in lots of activities which is a huge benefit of a small school. Things have changed and are getting better. I recommend the school to anyone reading the posts.

Posted May 31, 2011
We have found that MOST of the teachers at this school care deeply and work hard to help the kids. The only complaints I have are the Art Teacher (who just doesn't seem to care or like kids) and the P.E. Teachers whom always seem to be 'just hanin' out and are not physically involved in what the kids are doing and seem to just bark orders from the sidelines, especially when the kids are outside. I would call them apathetic at best. That said, the math, and science teachers are phenomenal. The English teaches are very good but a bit disorganized. Still I would say they are above average as test scores show. Over all it s a great school for its size. One suggestion give the front desk/receptionist lessons in friendliness and enthusiasm!

Westmont Jr High School 0

Posted February 21, 2010
What a wonderful place! The staff and administration is very caring and fair to ALL students. My child has had a wonderful experience so far! I am looking forward to our remaining time in the district.

Westmont Jr High School 1

Posted June 18, 2009
it not a good school at all the kids are mean the teachers and staff are not nice or encouraging and there lots of drugs and stealing and the music program is the only good thing about this school i personal say don't go there you will want to move schools like my daughter that says its horrible

Posted May 15, 2007
Our 6th grader has had an excellent experience. The teachers have been fantastic and been very encouraging of our child's development. The music program has been wonderful and there have been many opportunities for sports and extracurricular activities.

Posted June 20, 2006

Westmont Jr High School
944 Oakwood Drive, Westmont, IL  60559
Last modified Westmont Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmont Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top