Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Top of the line very caring and compassionate. Will do everything in their power to make sure that your child is successful.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Only thing I do believe that school is school and home is home. When our children come home they should have family time. Not have to do homework they should be relaxing with the family. School has them for enough hours a day I want my time with my children

Develops character: Strongly agree

One of the few schools that has caring and loving teachers who want to be there and who love their students

I went to this school when I was young and it was the top school then and it is now. Unfortunately I live in district 200 so my four kids don't get the joys of going here. I must say I had great teachers. I even learned sign language when I was in 4th grade there that came in handy when I worked in the ER so I could help this young girl. All my teachers were the best and the principal now was a teacher when I was there. Mom's teach your kids to be tidy now so the desks stay clean and believe me they carry that with them a long way. The teachers here really care and for some strange reason this is rare these days many just do their jobs and forgot about the love of teaching and why they wanted to become a teacher well these teachers didn't. They truly love our kids and even when I went there nothing has changed they hire the finest teachers.

Totally disagree with the last post! The administration that was put in place 3 years ago is fantastic. The teachers are excited and very positive. You can feel the excitement and energy at school events. I participate in the Dad's of Great Students Program (Watch D.O.G.S) where Dad's volunteer for either a half or full day at the school rotating between classrooms to.provide assistance with lessons, so I see and feel the energy first hand. Could not be happier with our experience. 2 kids there now - 2nd and 5th grader. Parents are down to earth too. Love the principal.

Be very careful before sending your child to this school. The other 2 reviews were written prior to administration changes. There are other District 89 schools with better leadership in the area that honor open enrollment.

Last modified Briar Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.