Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 21, 2016
Top of the line very caring and compassionate. Will do everything in their power to make sure that your child is successful.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 21, 2016
Only thing I do believe that school is school and home is home. When our children come home they should have family time. Not have to do homework they should be relaxing with the family. School has them for enough hours a day I want my time with my children

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 21, 2016
They have the children ready with no fear to go to their next level of education when they go off and enter Glen Crest

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 21, 2016
They take the time out to explain the wrongs a student does and they reward the rights the students do

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 21, 2016
They keep the old fashioned values up unlike many of the other schools in the area

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 21, 2016
One of the few schools that has caring and loving teachers who want to be there and who love their students

Posted March 21, 2016
I went to this school when I was young and it was the top school then and it is now. Unfortunately I live in district 200 so my four kids don't get the joys of going here. I must say I had great teachers. I even learned sign language when I was in 4th grade there that came in handy when I worked in the ER so I could help this young girl. All my teachers were the best and the principal now was a teacher when I was there. Mom's teach your kids to be tidy now so the desks stay clean and believe me they carry that with them a long way. The teachers here really care and for some strange reason this is rare these days many just do their jobs and forgot about the love of teaching and why they wanted to become a teacher well these teachers didn't. They truly love our kids and even when I went there nothing has changed they hire the finest teachers.

Posted August 28, 2014
Totally disagree with the last post! The administration that was put in place 3 years ago is fantastic. The teachers are excited and very positive. You can feel the excitement and energy at school events. I participate in the Dad's of Great Students Program (Watch D.O.G.S) where Dad's volunteer for either a half or full day at the school rotating between classrooms to.provide assistance with lessons, so I see and feel the energy first hand. Could not be happier with our experience. 2 kids there now - 2nd and 5th grader. Parents are down to earth too. Love the principal.

Briar Glen Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2014
Be very careful before sending your child to this school. The other 2 reviews were written prior to administration changes. There are other District 89 schools with better leadership in the area that honor open enrollment.

Posted February 03, 2006
I have to add my positive review of Briar Glen. It is a wonderful learning environment. The administration and teachers are great. The thing that especially surprised me was the feeling of 'family' among everyone involved with Briar Glen. The programming infused with Briar Glen's imperatives of be safe, respect, and responsible creates a great environment. The opportunities for meaningful family involvement are plentiful. We feel so fortunate to have Briar Glen in our community!

1800 Briarcliffe Boulevard, Wheaton, IL  60189
Last modified Briar Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.