Bad
Good

I am an ex student. I had a great reputation as a nice guy. You wouldn't expect that from a 5'6 rap loving and basketball playing fith grader. Im now in sixth grade. Looking back i had an ok time at Sandburg. I was pushed around alot but the people watching at recess didnt seem to care. So eventually i pushed back. Still nothing. It would have to get to the point of choking each other (yeah that happened once) for them to take notice and call the office. I had a couple of years at sandburg where i couldnt wait until the next. It wasnt great there.

Looks like some new reviews are needed for Sandburg. My son attended Sandburg from Kindergarten through 5th grade which he finished last year. My other son is now in 1st grade, having attended kindergarten last year as well at Sandburg. Having been with the school for 5 years I can truly say that I do believe it is a great school. My oldest son has ADHD, and although initially in 3rd grade I did not get much help with the diagnosis, I did get a diagnosis from outside private testing. After the fact the school initiated his 504 and worked very closely in 4th grade with me to ensure he was getting the best accommodations to help him grow academically. My son finished 5th grade with strong grades and a positive self image (he also LOVED his 5th grade teacher). My experience at Sandburg is that you have to be the advocate for your child. As long as you are willing to be involved in your childs progress and communicate on your end your concerns to the school or teachers, you will have a great relationship with them and a great experience at Sandburg, too. The programs are wonderful, the technology excellent, the principal respectable. I've had a 5 star experience.

My son attends is just about finished with his first year here. He's a kindergartener. So writting a review may be a tad premature, since we've only been there one year. But There hasnt been a review written of the school since 2006. I am really happy with Sandburg. My sons teacher is great, she's really amazing with the kids. We maintain strong lines of communication. I volunteer in the class all the time and she is truly a saint when it comes to dealing with conflicts between students. The front office staff are very nice and professional. The principle also seems to be an asset to the school as well. He can be found just about every morning outside talking to parents and kids upon the morning arrival. He feels very strongly about bullying, and has had the entire school started in an anti-bullying program. And has been known to fight for to get funding for the schools betterment. Why didnt I give it 5 stars? Simply because theres always room for improvement. But as of now, we are extremely happy with the school and havent had any propblems or negative issues with any teachers or staff.

Last modified Carl Sandburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.