Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Edison has a very supportive environment, and encourages all students to try new extra-curricular activities, to stretch themselves academically, and to give back to the community.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are so caring and they treat our children like family and they truly care that our children succeed and they will help in anyway they can.

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes to much but otherwise just enough. They get them ready for what they will get in high school

Develops character: Strongly agree

They truly care and will do all that they can to help your child be successful

I've had so far two children who have gone through Edison and they loved school all they way through 8th grade! Sometimes that's so hard to keep a child liking school after 6th grade! But not at this school. Their staff is wonderful they have the best principal ever she is so caring and the students know that she cares honestly about them so does their vice principal. These two make a great team! They know how to deal with our children in so many ways and in ways where our children feel comfortable to go to them about anything and everything. Their parents contact is amazing and how they just know every students name and their parents floors me. The teaching staff goes right along with them they are just as wonderful. I can't wait for my other two children to go to Edison! I knew my children were in good hands at this school. The only thing that they would need to work on is getting the 8th graders ready to go into high school. My one daughter who is going to be a junior next year had the shock of her life with the change. Even though her older sister and us her parents tried to tell her about the classroom changes and about high school it seemed like the biggest thing the schools wanted the children to know about was the huge drug problem. So my daughter went from high honor roll and loving school to hating school and horrible grades that are unacceptable to us her parents. As well as her coaches but she is trying to work on it and still trying to get the hang of the whole high school thing. Other than that little issue this school does above and beyond in every way. The teacher care so much about the children the sports the school offers are amazing and I just wish they started in 6th grade as well but I do get that we need to let the children get use to being in junior high before we introduce sports into their school year as well. Then when they are in sports the coaches involve the parents in everything and the parents do bake sales ect to help out their child's team. I can't say enough good about this school!

The teachers are great. This rating is a reflection of district and school policies. They have managed to squash all academic interests of my daughter though cancellation of electives (French as her foreign language elective) and exclusion of other class offerings. District focus only on the top students (PACE) and students needing academic support. If your child is in the regular classes they are invisible to the district. No interest in their academic achievement. Supports and challenges There is onlIf the student is not in the top or bottom The dis tilt main

Edison Middle School is amazing at keeping kids in line and having fun! I love this school

Fantastic ! All three of my children excelled here.

This school is the best school my children have ever been to! we used to live in nassau bahamas and the schools in nassau are nothing compared to this one but this school is even better & you dont hav to pay any thing!

Last modified Edison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.