Bad
Good

All three of my children have attended this school and I feel that their emphasis is on community involvement and not academics. I agree with previous statements about the school's staff and students being close-minded. This school can hardly be considered secular and there is zero tolerance and acceptance of students who do not share the same beliefs. My children have had a few teachers who are dedicated and enthusiastic teachers but I have not found this to be the norm.

We are extremely impressed with the faculty at Franklin. Top notch people who really care about our kids. They seem to work really hard to engage the kids and it shows in both our kids (boys!!) sense of pride in themselves and their work. What a huge upgrade from grade school. Safety at this school is never even a question in our minds. The best school experience in Wheaton so far for our kids.

franklin has been a nice fit for my son. It seems safe and the academics good. He is very involved in music and they have GREAT music staff... I'm not sure if they have their own life - because they dedicate so much of it to band and orchestra.

I found that this school was okay. I agree with the above review in that the students (and some teachers) were closed-minded and stereotypical. I also observed that it didn't seem that many of the teachers encouraged the students to learn, at least as much as I had seen in one of my previous schools. On the other hand, the school felt very safe to me, and the teachers/counselors made sure of that.

We love this school. Our daughter flourished after a rough time at Washington Elementary. The teachers, office staff, counselors, and support staff are incredible. The professional way they all are is just a breath of fresh air. We have found in three years, nothing to criticize about this school. Just the best experience you could ask for.

The school has good teachers that get involved with their students and prepare them for the worl din and beyond high school. The PE classes are ok but need to get the students more interested in exercise. The biggest issues for me are lack of student power and the unwillingness of teachers to at least try to influence the social system (jocks, geeks, outcasts, etc.)

The school itself and the learning experience is great. But, on the other hand, most students and teachers are very closed-minded and stereo-typical.

it is a great school and this view was made by me an student and i really like the school because almost everyone is friendly

The school nurse is wonderfu. She is responsive to student and parent needs. Professional and knowledgeable!!

Franklin has a wonderful staff that tries to help every child succeed. I am a parent of a special education student as well as a gifted student. Both students received wonderful instruction and nurturing at Franklin

Last modified Franklin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.