PK-9|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Wheaton Montessori School serves ages 3-15 in authentic Montessori programs that are fully recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). The school is designed to encourage and nurture children in the self-discovery of their world through activities carefully designed to meet their developmental needs at each stage. Our teachers, many of whom have been with us for over a decade, posses Masters Degrees as well as AMI Montessori certification and attend regular professional development training. We consider it our obligation to make sure each and every student is truly known and that individual needs, whether academic or social, are met. We are very proud of what we do and believe that our students and families are well served by our commitment to Montessori principles. We offer two parent/teacher conferences a year, four Parent Nights to learn about what we do, and we welcome parents to visit throughout the year and observe in the classrooms as often as they wish. Class sizes are consistent with AMI guidelines and designed for the optimal experience of the children. Our students love to come to school because this is a school designed for the way they learn naturally. Please call or stop by for a visit anytime.
June 28, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We've been part of the WMS community for 2.5 years now and we absolutely love it! The amount of growth and development I've seen in my son is just amazing. We love the sense of independence and the love of learning the school fosters and can't wait for our 18 month old baby to start in January 2018 :)

Develops character: Strongly agree

There's a real community aspect to the school. My daughter has great friends there and helps the other kids. She wants me to pick her up late from school, she loves it so much.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They build relationships with the kids and coach them along very well. My son and daughter are developing quickly.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The kids learn while they're at school and are not saddled with take-home worksheets and etc.

We have two kids at WMS and have been there for three years. Very pleased with the school. The teachers and communication are great. After visiting and observing the classrooms, I became convinced that this was a wonderful place and Montessori a superior method.

It has been such a joy watching our kids blossom at Wheaton Montessori. Their independence, compassion, and self-confidence have all grown dramatically. The concrete skills they’ve acquired amaze me—our two-year-old can use scissors and fix himself a snack, and our five-year-old can read fluently, write cursive, and do multi-step arithmetic in her head—but even more than these, I value the curiosity, autonomy, and concern for others that I see being cultivated. The teachers see them, know them, and appreciate them. Mrs. Rogers sends home the most wonderful notes to tell us about the growth she’s seeing in our kids. Wheaton Montessori is a wonderful, wonderful place.

WMS has been a fantastic fit for both of our children. Our experience with the school has been uniformly positive. The teachers and staff are excellent: well-qualified, engaged, and deeply caring. It's been amazing to watch our children grow, not only academically but also socially and emotionally. I am continually impressed by how capable the older children in the classroom are of helping the younger children. It's really a testament to how successful the school is at educating young people. Overall, an excellent school. Highly recommended.

WMS is incredible! As a former teacher, I cannot say enough good things about this school. The teachers are amazing and their program truly fosters a love of learning. Students take part in the classroom community and take ownership of their education from day one. I have watched my almost-three-year-old blossom into an outgoing and independent little girl who begs to go to school every day (after clinging to me and begging not to go at the beginning of the year). In observing classes, it always blows my mind to see the children moving around the classroom freely, yet all being focused on the work at hand. In a sea of schools moving to curriculums that are heavily dependent on standardized tests from a very young age, WMS stands out as a place where students can explore their own interests and learn the way that children were meant to learn - through exploration of the world around them.

We've been at WMS for more than three years and are thrilled with the education, faculty, and staff. Our children are thriving personally and academically. The school leadership understands child development and has worked to build a traditional Montessori environment that fosters that development. The teachers are exceptional and truly care about the well-being and growth of each student. The parent community is welcoming and a tremendous resource. We could not be happier with our school and look forward to watching both our children and the school community grow.

My son has grown in every way attending Wheaton Montessori. WM is authentic Montessori experience, where the whole child is involved in the learning process. Academics is only one slice of the whole pie. They teach executive functioning skills as the child learns how to set up his project, clean up after himself, tie his shoes, learn to stay on task as they complete a project all the way through with an incredible amount of focus. They develop fine motor skills through hands on activities, a very important part of the development process. Kids learn how respect one another in the AMI classroom, which so important and I feel is a lost art in conventional classrooms. And most important, they look forward to going to school every day.

Last modified Wheaton Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9