Wheeling, IL

Posted August 12, 2015
Before my child went this school she was at a different school and was a good student. When my child went to this school she had no homework and started to fail school. Due to the lack of help from the teacher she ended up being behind in middle school compared to other kids that came from other schools. The only thing they did there is have fun.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is beyond a joke...if I could leave it with zero stars I would! The staff, with the exception of a handful of teachers act like they are there because they have nothing better to do and the Administration...just leaves you speechless. This school could improve by giving 90% of the staff a refresh.

Posted August 27, 2010
This school is a joke. The principal is horrible. She talks about parents to other parents and she caters to a certain student body. Parents are pulling their children out of this school every month due to the lack of education taught by lazy, rude teachers who again cater to a certain student body over another. Please take your child to another school where he/she will receive a great education, not be bullied and will not be targeted by teachers and staff.

Posted July 16, 2009
This is a lovely school with excellent academic and extracurricular activities. The teachers are top notch and in my opinion this is one of the best schools in Wheeling...with Tarkington a close second.

Posted October 06, 2008
2 years later, my opinion of the school has changed greatly! Instead of teaching to every child's needs, the school has become focused on the bilingual. My english speaking, american born children have suffered greatly. To the point where I have removed them from the school and placed them somewhere where I know they will get the education they so rightly deserve ( at a major cost to my pocket book), as much as the bilingual children. The principal has also lost sight of the big picture and is instead worried about her friendships with certain parents.

Posted August 13, 2007
The principle of this school is useless. She was NEVER able to assist in any problems we encountered. Her most famous line for three years now is 'I FORGOT'. Not acceptable. The teachers at this school need to worry LESS about the classroom size (last year 22 students and the year before 23 students)and more about the cirriculum. yet I am forced to send my precious son back to that horrible place until my house sells. The only advice I have is DO NOT MOVE TO WHEELING IF YOU FEEL YOUR CHILD'S EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT. There are several good schools quite nearby.... Good Luck!

Posted February 26, 2006
This school teaches to the children. They work hard at determining needs of each individual child and supplying those needs. Caring dedicated teachers and a wonderful support staff make this school great!

Posted May 18, 2004
The entire staff at Field school is a pleasure. They helped my children make a wonderful transition into the school there when we moved from Indiana. The teachers really care and are motivated to support our kids in their quest for learning.

Eugene Field Elementary School
51 Saint Armand Lane, Wheeling, IL  60090
Last modified Eugene Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugene Field Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top