Wheeling, IL

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers are great. They are very involved and will go the extra mile to help a child. The principal is also very supportive and listens to parents concerns. She is also tough, but fair and follows through consistently with the kids. It's a great environment for learning.

Posted February 09, 2010
I love that my children to attent to walt whitman, i like that my kids get to lern new stuff each day! i think walt whitman is on of the best schools(:

Walt Whitman Elementary School 5

Posted December 15, 2009

Walt Whitman Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2009

Posted November 19, 2008
This school has been nothing short of a DISAPPOINTMENT! The teachers have NO controll in the classroom, nor on the playground. The Principal is no help either. The current staff should be working in the lunch room. I do not feel my children are safe when they're at school. I am not convinced the 18% of the school that actually speaks English is getting an Education. This school is not Bi-Lingual, it's ALL Spanish speaking students. They need to keep it that way and make teaching English their only priority. We recently moved from Tucson, Arizona, and we had NONE of these problems there. Seems backwards. There is one ray of sunshine in the school... Mr. Helms, a Fifth grade teacher. He should seek a career elsewhere, I feel Walt Whitman is a lost cause.

Posted September 11, 2008
My children have no direction or structure from this school. The classes are to big and unctrolled. My children complain that it is too noisy to concentrate in the classroom.

Walt Whitman Elementary School
133 Wille Avenue, Wheeling, IL  60090
Last modified Walt Whitman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walt Whitman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top