Bad
Good

Posted August 30, 2012
Oliver W. Holmes middle school is one of the greatest learning centers I have ever attended to in all of my years of learning (I am in 6th grade now). They have Excellent teachers, a strong form of school leadership, and challenging academic classes for students.

Posted August 21, 2008
I am currently a student at Holmes Middle School and I currently entering the eighth grade and I must say this school is amazing in both it's academic skills and it's teacher/student relationships. All the teachers are always there for you and some of them were students themselves so it's pretty cool that they were once at the same school and now work at it.

Posted July 12, 2007
I recently graduated from Holmes. I went there all 3 years of middle school. I loved it there. The teachers could have been better butt other wise it rocked. and the reason the school balmes diveresty for low test scores b/c a lot of the students dont speak english so how are they supposed to do good on tests they dont understand? Holmes has awesome, friendly and understanding staff members

Oliver W Holmes Middle School 4

Posted April 22, 2004
Holmes is amazing. I have never seen such teacher/student connections. There are small faults, but every school has them. I'm a student @ holmes, and I like going there, they're strict, and yet it rocks. I love this school and would never transfer.

Oliver W Holmes Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2004
I think the school uses diversity as an excuse for the poor ratings this school receives. I think some of the teachers have given up and just function without genuine concern for their students. I am a parent and have tried numerous times to become an involved parent but have been made to feel like a nuisance instead.. by the teachers. I regret so much not looking into this school and my options before enrolling my son, now he has to suffer the consequences of a transfer.

Oliver W Holmes Middle School
221 South Wolf Rd, Wheeling, IL  60090
Last modified Oliver W Holmes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.