Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The school's overall test scores are slightly lower than other schools in the district, however when you factor that there are over 40 languages spoken in these students homes and there is a wide diversity of income, this school does a better job than the other schools in the district. How hard is it to teach to the test at schools where the students have access to tutors and most have third or fourth generation college educated parents? This school succeeds with students whose parents are sometimes working numerous jobs just to keep their families in the suburbs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

ALL are accepted as valuable members of society. This school is a microcosim of the real world.

A wide variety of students and a culture of acceptance, as well as concerned, intelligent staff members make this a top school. Two of my sons attended a private prep school, but my daughter chose to go to Wheeling because of the top rated band and other cultural advantages that weren't offered at the prep school. We now wish we had sent all of our children to Wheeling.

My daughter is about to graduate from Wheeling. I don't understand the assumed inferior quality of the school. We have found it to be staffed by highly motivated people who truly care about educating the kids for the future. I believe Principal Lopez is to be credited for having created such a high quality staff. Hopefully Principal Sisi will be as strong a director. The diversity of the school is nothing more than a picture of the world around us; many colors and cultures. That's the real world and I am extremely happy that my daughter got to attend this school. She is well prepared for the next step, college, and the teachers at Wheeling helped communicate the fact that the entire world is open to her. Thanks Wheeling!

As a student that has graduated from Wheeling, this is one of the best high schools I have been too. The teachers are supportive, the other students are friendly and the activites encourge parent support. As a choir student, this school also has one of the best music programs in District 214. I wish I could be in Wheeling right now!

I need to find more information about the high school, because my daugther will start in September 2013. Please let me know what do I need to bring with me?

Wheeling is a wonderful school. I'm currently a student here and i truly love everything about Wheeling. I many friends who go to other schools like Buffalo Grove and Hersey, and they all look down on Wheeling. It has a bad reputation, but it really is a great school. The teachers are delightful, and what is crazy about Wheeling is that I never want to leave. At the end of everyday, if i don't have any after school activities, i go to the foyer (basically, the heart of the school) and see whats going on. There is always something to do at Wheeling. I love Wheeling and I'll always be a Wildcat.

Wheeling is such a diverse and wonderful school. There have been misrepresentations that have carried on from the past, but things have changed dramaticly. People need to realize that and have an open mind to how things are today. The teachers and students accept each other and it gives a "real life" surrounding. We have display of cultures, which is a day when all different cultures set up tables of different countries to learn more about them during the day. There are also performances in the theatre of dancing, singing, poetry, etc. Wheeling achieves well in academics as well. All teachers are more than happy to help their students succeed. I honestly wouldn't want to go anywhere else :)

I am a parent of a student about to enter his senior year. I cannot say enough about the high quality of Wheeling High School. Principal Lopez has done an extraordinary job in his brief tenure. My son has been given the privilege of an outstanding, caring faculty and challenging classes and many opportunities for extracurricular activities.

This school has gone downhill since I went there. The school hasn't made AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) in the past 3 years. The administration stinks. Most of the good teachers have either been let go due to recent lay offs or have retired. Most of the teachers are pretty bad.

Last modified Wheeling High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.