Posted January 05, 2014
As a student that has graduated from Wheeling, this is one of the best high schools I have been too. The teachers are supportive, the other students are friendly and the activites encourge parent support. As a choir student, this school also has one of the best music programs in District 214. I wish I could be in Wheeling right now!

Posted October 16, 2011
Wheeling is a wonderful school. I'm currently a student here and i truly love everything about Wheeling. I many friends who go to other schools like Buffalo Grove and Hersey, and they all look down on Wheeling. It has a bad reputation, but it really is a great school. The teachers are delightful, and what is crazy about Wheeling is that I never want to leave. At the end of everyday, if i don't have any after school activities, i go to the foyer (basically, the heart of the school) and see whats going on. There is always something to do at Wheeling. I love Wheeling and I'll always be a Wildcat.

Posted April 14, 2011
Wheeling is such a diverse and wonderful school. There have been misrepresentations that have carried on from the past, but things have changed dramaticly. People need to realize that and have an open mind to how things are today. The teachers and students accept each other and it gives a "real life" surrounding. We have display of cultures, which is a day when all different cultures set up tables of different countries to learn more about them during the day. There are also performances in the theatre of dancing, singing, poetry, etc. Wheeling achieves well in academics as well. All teachers are more than happy to help their students succeed. I honestly wouldn't want to go anywhere else :)

Posted June 07, 2010
I am a parent of a student about to enter his senior year. I cannot say enough about the high quality of Wheeling High School. Principal Lopez has done an extraordinary job in his brief tenure. My son has been given the privilege of an outstanding, caring faculty and challenging classes and many opportunities for extracurricular activities.

Wheeling High School 2

Posted March 17, 2010
This school has gone downhill since I went there. The school hasn't made AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) in the past 3 years. The administration stinks. Most of the good teachers have either been let go due to recent lay offs or have retired. Most of the teachers are pretty bad.

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted August 26, 2009
Although I do not live in Wheeling, I currently attend Wheeling High School. Being a member on the newspaper, Spokesman, I have an opportunity to found out the truth behind what people think is actually going on. Ever since Mr. Lopez has taken over, things have been getting steadily better. I was not there before Mr. Lopez, so I do not know the quality of the school then, but I do know that Mr. Lopez has put his heart into making WHS like a second home. Test scores have improved, tardiness and absences have decreased, and we just found out today that since the administration declared 'war' on D's and F's, such grades have decreased by 23%, and they are trying to get all of us to do even better. Although we lost some great teachers, that doesn't mean that even more amazing ones haven't come along.

Posted March 08, 2009

Posted January 18, 2009

Wheeling High School 3

Posted January 15, 2009

Wheeling High School
900 South Elmhurst Road, Wheeling, IL  60090
Last modified Wheeling High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheeling High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top