Wilmette, IL

Posted April 16, 2015
We have a fourth grader and Kindergartener at Romona. Our fourth grader has been there since Kindergarten and the experience has been nothing but the best. She's one of the youngest in her class and started out a little bit behind and the teachers really got her up to speed and to a great place. The teachers are all caring, professional and dedicated to helping each child achieve as best as they can. Special shout out to Ms Brenner (Kindergarten teacher) - one of the best you'll come across anywhere!

Posted February 25, 2015
Our son has a speech delay so we moved from Chicago to Wilmette. The staff has been very attentive and we have noticed immediate improvement. Our son is happier and we could not be more pleased with Romona.

Posted April 17, 2014
We recently moved into D39 for the schools and can't say enough about how happy we are with our decision. Dr. Glowacki is an impeccable leader. The nurse and administration staff are courteous and welcoming. I second the previous reviewer by saying that the nurse goes to great lengths to ensure that my son remains safe around allergens. We too receive calls to remind us they will be serving fish the next day (one of my son's food allergies). Further, they are very progressive in their teaching. My son was an early reader and has been put in a special reading group with children who read at his level. He is also in a special math group which breaks out of his home classroom three times a week. They teach Spanish daily, computer lab(including the iPad and PC), art, science, and music. He is challenged and very happy at Romona. I also want to note that the diversity at the school is plentiful , offering my son exposure to many different cultures. I highly recommend this school to all! The resources are plentiful and can cater to many special needs.

Posted April 16, 2014
We recently moved to find an affordable home in District 39 and pleasantly landed at the Romona. The teachers are wonderful and the principal, Dr. Glowacki, is amazing. Our son has food allergies and she or her staff will call us the day before an allergic item is served at the cafeteria to let us know. There is tons of parental involvement, in a good way. They will also assign reading groups and provide additional challenges for children who are academically excelling. Go Mustangs!

Romona Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2012
My kids moved from Romona. School is good for academic but not good at support for kids who need support. My son had an Alopecia areata and I guessed he had a stress by school. His hair recovered after he changed school. I felt that school tryoing to show best school at district but staff lost mind what need to support kids. School is important for kids. Kids spending almost their life at school. Please feel heart of students.

Romona Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2012

Posted March 01, 2009
Whoever wrote the review with 2 stars is stupid. This school spends over $10,000 per student a year. 2 years ago this school won a blue ribbon award. It was recognized as one of the top 16 schools in Illinois.

Romona Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2008
Dr. Mauer gives a half hearted attempt at communicating with parents!!! Staff is not impressive either.

Romona Elementary School

Posted March 30, 2008
This school far exceeded my expectations in learning & community involvement. The principal is tremendous. The teachers are caring. The parent involvement is superior. I'm so glad we moved into this district.

Posted May 02, 2007
having just completed the international festival and noting the extensive volunteer effort from many of the parents, the parent involvement rating should be at the highest level. romona has a wonderful diversity and tremendous staff; the parent involvement is exceedingly beneficial.

Romona Elementary School
600 Romona Road, Wilmette, IL  60091
Last modified Romona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Romona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top