Wilmette, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2014
St. Francis Xavier has been a life saver for us. Excellent teachers, excellent administration, and great kids. Our son has been provided in-class differentiation to keep him interested and focused, allowing him to move ahead of the class at his own pace, and out-of-class differentiation in mathematics where he is so far ahead he could not be accommodated in class. Our daughter has received plenty of focus time in her classroom to help her with reading and attention span. Overall, I can't speak highly enough of St. Francis Xavier, and would unconditionally recommend it to any parent!

St. Francis Xavier 4

Posted December 20, 2012
There are things I really like about this school, and then things that make me wonder. The community of families and parents is amazing, and frankly why we still have our children enrolled. I do feel at times they shut out the parents (e.g., they keep teachers that get continuous major complaints, they don't respond to emails that challenge the status quo, they don't get parent input when making big changes, etc.). We are constantly called upon to volunteer our time and finances but yet I wouldn't call us part of the team. Just not a very transparent system. There are some very excellent teachers, but a lot of very young and immature teachers as well (although some of the younger ones are terrific, some not). Lots of rules for the sake of rules, some make sense, some don't. But the kids and the parents are amazing. Great friendships for adults and for the kids. In that way it is a very special place.

Posted November 05, 2012
SFX provides an intentional combination of academics and values, preparing our children to be compassionate leaders. SFX is one of only 50 private schools across the nation to win a Blue Ribbon School Award in 2012. We love St. Francis!

Posted July 08, 2011
I am A former student of SFX and I loved the school. I feel the school challenged me and they helped me achieve the best of my abilities. The teachers actually care about each individual student and help everyone's different learning styles. I also though we had the perfect amount of kids in each class. Never more than 15, it made it easy to learn. I loved SFX

Posted April 01, 2009
Smaller, close knit school where the parents are very involved in their children's education and supportive of the faculty. Top notch facilities and faculty. A child is never lost here, and the curriculum challenges each student to reach and exceed their potential.

Posted April 01, 2005
St. Francis Xavier school is a wonderful place. I have had three children go through the school and have found that they are not only getting a great education, but are learning in a very nurturing environment. There is a high level of parental involvement and you get to know all the other St. Francis families.

St. Francis Xavier