Posted September 16, 2008
The school is an ok school. The English that I am taking is an ok course. The Math is great. I just think they need to reac out a little more to the community.

Winchester High School 0

Posted August 28, 2008
As far as academics, our school systems is wonderful. I cannot praise them enough. As far as extra-curricular activites, I cannot give praise. The kids are pressured way too much and are taught too early that winning is everything. The kids do not receive adequate playing time and some do not get to play at all. Your efforts and passion for the game do not matter.... only who you are matters. There is alot of work to be done and alot of slates to be cleaned. The adminstration avoids the issue and does not look to the best interst of the children. So is you are a good academic student who never wants to play sports.. this is a wonderful school. If you enjoy sports and want to play and have fun... pay the money and send your child to another school.

Winchester High School 4

Posted June 03, 2005
Moving here from a large city, I've been very impressed with the academic programs at this school. The 2005 graduating class was amazing, of 52 students 10 had over a 5.0 average. However, when recieving local scholarships and awards, it was clear that you have to be from here or well known to recieve anything. The same holds true for their sports, they play the name and not always the game. I feel that the student should be rewarded for their hard work and not for 'who' they are. I have not been too happy with the new principal, she's trying to hard to be hard.

Posted September 09, 2004
Overall WHS has been a very good school. I think my child received a very good education and was able to be active in extra activities as well. However, it seems that there are a few students in every class that are treated a little better and more special than others. These students are usually the high achievers and all the teachers like them. I think the faculty needs to be aware of the feelings of the other students when these few people are always the ones getting special treatment. It was very evident at graduation, 2004. There were many class members with high honors, National Honor Society members, and who had been involved in numerous activities, but only a select few were awarded scholarships/awards. I think the school administrators should have some way of monitoring who these awards are going to to prevent only one or two students receiving everything.

Posted August 01, 2004
- a former student
I think that Winchester High School is a very good school, but has an authority problem. The teachers don't really make the students mind and the students with a behavior make it hard for students that want to learn. I also think that the students with behavior problems just need a boost. Most of them are very smart, but don't know how to use their head. Winchester High School has very fine students, and some of the most careing teachers I've ever met. The principal, now premoted to superintendant, is one of the greatest, most understanding men, and the best teacher. I would like to say thank you Mr. Coltas. From a former Student. Go Wildcats!

Winchester High School
200 West Cross Street, Winchester, IL  62694
Last modified Winchester High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winchester High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top