Winfield, IL

Posted August 04, 2014
St. John the Baptist, Winfield. Our grandson is entering first grade this year. This will be his fifth year. Impressive is the word I would use for the school community. I see orderly, intelligent and caring students and teachers every time we visit and that is quite often. My grandson shows energy, respect, a true interest in learning and enthusiasm for his religion. He is typical of the student body at this school. We live over two hours away and wish we could visit more. St Johns has our support and gratitude.

St John The Baptist School 3

Posted June 17, 2014
I had two kids in pre-k at St John and their teacher was phenomenal. She and many other teachers created a culture that fostered learning, taught kids good values, and left them excited to learn more. However, many parents are not involved and the ones that are just seem to want to complain about everything. In addition, there has been high teacher turnover as of late and too much drama and turmoil within the parish and school. We ve decided we are going to pull our kids out and give public school a chance.

Posted July 13, 2013
The best education around with the right price. Respectful students with involved parents. You don't find that combination these days.

Posted December 11, 2010
GREEEEAAAT SCHOOL!!! awesome socializing skills, classes& friends...and the athletics progam-amazing. the 8th grade '10-'11 girls bball team is undefeated so faar!! just GREAT experiences at this school....

Posted May 19, 2009
My family is very happy at St. John's. The teachers are excellent--nearly all have advanced degrees. The class sizes are smaller and my child gets plenty of individual attention and encouragement from the entire staff. The principal and other administrative staff constantly seek ways to improve the educational experience of the students. I highly recommend St. John's to anyone interested in their child receiving a Catholic education.

Posted April 01, 2009
St. John s provides an atmosphere for my children that is both academically challenging and emotionally supportive. The teachers and administrators are caring and passionate about the students, and the other families create an excellent sense of community. I am so very pleased with my choice to send my children to St. John s, and I would recommend it to any family who wants their children to receive a superb Catholic education.

Posted February 18, 2009
I love St. John's. My kids seem to be more academically and socially sound then their friends that go to different schools. I am constantly shocked by how much my children learn daily. They also show a christian attitude that is noticed by other adults. Since they show good problem solving and conflict resolution skills they have many friends and play dates. I thank St. John's staff and administration for contributing to my children's successes. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted February 17, 2009
My family loves St. John's. There is a true community spirit that is felt in the school and at all activities. The teacehrs are wonderful, truly giving of thier time to all students. I have had chidlren graduate from St. John's and they all succeeded well beyond their peers. Our students receive a great education based in faith.

St John The Baptist School 0

Posted February 17, 2009
I have had all three of my children graduate from St. John's. There is a great sense of community. Academics are outstanding as well as test scores. Great athletic program as well as extracurricular activities for all. Tremendous faith-based education that will benefit them throughout their entire lives. Hope to see my grandchildren attend St. JOhn's.

St John The Baptist School 0

Posted February 17, 2009
St. John's is strong academically and there is a wonderful sense of family. I brought my children to St. John's from the public school for junior high-one in 7th and the other in 8th. They were quickly accepted and made friends for life. My biggest regret was not knowing about St. John's and starting them in school here, so they would have 'belonged' to this family earlier.

St John The Baptist School
0s259 Church St, Winfield, IL  60190
Last modified St John The Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John The Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top