K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Wheaton Christian Grammar School is an exceptional K-8th grade private Christian school in the western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. As we have since 1942, we continue to provide challenging academics and a biblical worldview to prepare tomorrow’s leaders. It's a place where students can thrive.
January 19, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As my children grow older (college, high school, and one still at WCGS) I am more thankful for the spiritual foundation and solid academic preparation they received. The teachers and administration genuinely care about each student.

WCGS definitely needs to work on enforcing rules. The lack of authority by the administration and teachers is creating an environment where the kids rule the school.

I love the commitment of our faculty, staff, and administration to provide a balanced academic experience for our students. There's a commitment to the whole child -- academically and spiritually -- as evidenced by the biblical worldview. The school supports parents and partners with them. The range of co-curricular activities is amazing. Fine arts, athletics, and many special interest concentrations fit the interests of nearly every student. Financial aid is available, and nearly 1/4 of the students receive some level of need-based assistance. Best of all, there's a real family feel at WCGS. Students leave WCGS with strong preparation for high school and character preparation for life.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!! Great kids Great teachers! I want my kid to go there.

Our experience at Wheaton Christian Grammar School, has shown us that 10,000 Reasons is more than a popular Christian song. We discovered WCGS in January 2014 as part of our search across Northern Illinois for an exceptional school for our incoming kindergartner. We interviewed several schools from Galena on the Mississippi River to downtown Chicago and WCGS was beyond compare in their commitment to growing the minds, hearts and faith of their children.

This school continuously strives to achieve excellence in education. With it's Christian philosophy of education paired with it's devoted staff, it is a perfect match for my family.

I've been involved with WCGS since 1995. My wife was a 3rd grade teacher there for five years and our girls currently attend. Over these many years, I've been nothing but impressed with the school. Academically, it's a notch above the public schools in the area. Athletically, their teams regularly beat the local schools. Their facilities are as good (if not better) than nearly all of the public schools in the area. But in the most important areas...(school culture, peer influence, teachers and administration, and world view)...WCGS is in a class of its own. Unlike the public schools that try to indoctrinate our children in a completely secular world view, WCGS approaches education through a biblical lens. The school does an excellent job of blending scripture and biblical teaching into all subjects. The teachers and staff pray with our kids regularly, lead chapels, conduct small groups, and get to know them personally. I recognize tuition is not cheap, but how can you put a price on the future of your child? For me it's clear. I'm willing to sacrifice whatever is needed for my kids to attend WCGS and greatly increase their chances of walking into adulthood as Christ-followers.

WCGS is a God-send! We love this place and it's been perfect for our little boy. We can tell our son is influenced by a Christ-Centered education every day. Choosing WCGS was arguably the best decision we've made as a family and we know the affects are eternal. Thank you WCGS for providing a safe place for our kids with teachers & staff that love our children and the Lord.

My children graduated from Wheaton Christian and had a wonderful foundation for serving the Lord in the pastorate and education. I loved being involved as a parent, and am now looking forward to a grandchild starting this year. Having Christian principles and the Word of God that is taught at home reinforced daily in school in priceless.

Last modified Wheaton Christian Grammar School is a Private school that serves grades K-8