Posted November 16, 2014
We love everything about Greeley! Starting with the principle who always has an open door, the creative teachers who listen to your child's needs. The administrative staff, the resource center and their programs. I have my 2nd kid going through Greeley and I never had to hear," I don't want to go to school"

Posted December 10, 2013
Do your research and don't be fooled by the (outdated) propaganda the school gives you. Test scores are falling, budgets have been compromised in areas that are core to Greeley's values, and the State's Common Core requirements run converse to progressive educational ideals. There is a lot of parent discontent in the community and little leadership to address it. There are some excellent teachers in the mix at Greeley, but it is a leadership problem at the school and district.

Posted October 31, 2013
At Greeley students learn how to learn. They go to school with a smile every morning ready to learn about a "theme", where they how to investigate, also applied math, geometry, writing, reading, art, etc. in a holistic way. Excellent school.

Posted August 19, 2013
People think they are purchasing an expensive home in Winnetka and getting great education. They are wrong! Greeley is not a good school at all.

Posted May 25, 2011
I am not easy to please and we have been overjoyed by the experience our child has had at Greeley. We have lived in other similar areas and had other children attend similar schools, but Greeley has won our hearts! The teachers we have had will always be on our list of all time favorites and the Principal is top notch. She sets a tone of professionalism and has very high expectations for herself, the teachers and the students. Each time you enter the building you feel the joy. The class sizes are perfect.

Posted September 26, 2010
As a parent I love this school. From the principal on down. My children are happy and learning.

Posted January 03, 2009
As a former pupil of Greeley and now a parent myself, I would tell any parent that test scores are not everything. Bullying was and still is a problem and the leadership have always cared more about test scores than pupil development. The children are often stressed, tired and just plain overworked.

Posted January 17, 2008
This is an excellent school and any parent/guardian should be proud to send their child to such a school that is so completely devoted to the children.

Greeley Elementary School 2

Posted December 21, 2004

Greeley Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2003
This school is not what it is cracked up to be. Bullying is a problem as is rigidity of teachers. We moved here for the schools but what a disappointment. We should have stayed in Evanston because we ended up at North Shore Country Day anyway. It is our 'neighborhood' (private) school.

Greeley Elementary School
275 Fairview Avenue, Winnetka, IL  60093
Last modified Greeley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greeley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top