Wood Dale, IL

Posted May 03, 2015
Somos miembros de la escuela de Holy Ghost por m s de 5 a os. Durante este tiempo, nuestra familia ha estado muy contenta con la excelente educaci n que reciben nuestros tres hijos. La escuela se enfoca en el avance acad mico y religioso de todos sus estudiantes. El curr culo acad mico est dise ado para que los ni os aprendan temas avanzados en materias como matem ticas, espa ol, estudios sociales, historia, y gram tica. Adem s, la escuela tiene programas extras para el desarrollo mental de los ni os como ajedrez, periodismo, ingenier a, y dise o de robots. Nuestros hijos han participado en varios de los equipos deportivos de la escuela como basquetbol, atletismo, y voleibol. Esta es una escuela muy unida con familias dedicadas a apoyar a sus hijos en todas las facetas escolares y religiosas. Nuestros hijos se divierten a diario aprendiendo desarrollando habilidades de trabajo en equipo, innovaci n, creatividad y comunicaci n que utilizaran para toda la vida. Nosotros recomendamos firmemente esta escuela.

Posted February 10, 2015
We couldn't be more happy about the school. Our son loves to get up and go to HG. We started in the middle of preschool, now we are in 1st grade. Educational standards are high but not only that. HG teaches kids how to be humble, appreciative, kind an d so on... Kids start reading well at the end of K. Middle of 1st grade; it seems like every kid can pick up an adult boom and read it. same with math.... Holy Ghost is a really good school. Well worth the money. All families are nice, there is no bullying, atmosphere is great, A++++

Posted November 05, 2014
If you are looking for a school with small classes, rigorous academics, caring and professional teachers and staff look no further than Holy Ghost. My son loves going to school in the morning! What I like about the school is how all the staff and faculty know the names of every student. That makes the children very comfortable when it is time to transition from one class to another. The principal is great and very involved.

Posted November 05, 2014
Jestesmy jedna z licznych polskich rodzin w Holy Ghost. Atmosfera w szkole jest rewelacyjna, nasz syn bardzo chetnie chodzi do szkoly, chwali nauczycieli. Klasy sa niewielkie, starsze dzieci pomagaja mlodszym, wszyscy znaja sie po imieniu. Rodzice i Pani Dyrektor sa bardzo zaangazowani w szkolnictwo. Wychowanie katolickie jest na wysokim poziomie, dzieci od najmlodszych lat uczone sa manier, wspolczucia i kultury osobistej. Wraz z mezem nie mozemy sie nachwalic Holy Ghost School i jestesmy dumni ze jestesmy czescia ich rodziny.

Posted September 09, 2014
Like you, I m a parent that wants the best for my children. I have 3 children that have graduated from HGS. My older daughters went on to graduate in the top 5% of their HS class, score in the 30 s on the ACT, attend U of I, and are on their way to successful careers. My third child starts HS enrolled in every accelerated class available. My point? If you want the best possible education for your children (and why else would you be reading this?), in my opinion, Holy Ghost School is the place for them. There is a perception that private schools with waiting lists must be the best schools. Absolutely not. They have teachers with the same experience, getting paid the same amount. The difference? Teacher to student ratio. Does your child has a better chance of succeeding at school with one teacher managing 35+ students or one teaching 20 students? Small is a Big Deal is more than a catch phrase for us, it is what separates HGS from the other local parochial schools and gives our students an academic advantage that will support success in high school, college, and beyond.

Posted July 16, 2014
I am very happy with the education my children have received at Holy Ghost. My daughter is entering high school in all honors courses and even an AP class as a freshman. The school has offered a well-rounded education with cutting edge Technology (iPads and a news media center), athletics (even offering cheerleading and track), and even extracurricular things like chess and Lego clubs, and theatre. The new principal has really shaken things up and I am impressed by her knowledge and the direction she is taking the school.. Most importantly , my children have learned what good judgement is and have received a good foundation for their future.

Holy Ghost School 3

Posted November 14, 2013
I graduated from here a few years ago. I was very well prepared academically, but I know other students from my graduating class that were not. I freshmen and sophomore year have taken all honors classes and passed all with flying colors. I felt almost teachers got me excited to learn, which is why I like school to this day. However, there were several cases of bullying that I am not proud of how they were handled. They sought for a immediate fix as apposed to a long term fix. If you didn't fit in you could fell very left out and sometimes had a hard social life. I do not know how the new principle handles these issues, but hopefully change will come.

Posted September 13, 2013
My son is thriving in the early childhood program. The older students are well behaved and considerate. The parents have nothing but good things to say when their students graduate from 8th grade.

Posted October 06, 2012
My grandchildren are thriving at Holy Ghost School because it's a small school with small class sizes resulting in a lot of one-on-one time with teachers. Because this school is small, it only takes one or two unhappy parents to try and tilt Holy Ghost's practical education and religious balance to the negative and it's my obligation to say otherwise. The school involves the parents and grand parents in all it's activities and I couldn't be happier with the knowledge that my grand kid's future looks bright resulting from their attendance. Plane

Posted October 06, 2012
As a grandparent of 2 children that attend Holy Ghost School, I have seen the advanced school work, the innovative projects, the connections of teachers to parents and the closeness that comes from small class sizes. I feel that Holy Ghost has been a great experience for my grand children and has opend their eyes to numerous opportunities that larger schools might not offer. The school brings all the families close together. It keeps the students and families active in the school and offers a religous background that carries through life. Great school!

Holy Ghost School