PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have been a HGS family for nearly 8 years! Currently, we have 3 children attending HGS! We can honestly say that we have watched this school community grow over the years. With new administration this year, we are very confident in the success of the school and we are excited to see exactly what the future holds. This is not just the place where my children go to school, this is the place where we feel comfortable, the place where my children jump out of the car in the morning to get to class, the place where everyone knows the names of all 3 of my children, the place where my children would be devastated to leave. The teachers have been nothing but supportive and nurturing. Communication has been easy and if ever I've had questions someone has always been there to help! All 3 of my children are excelling in their classes and have been pushed to show their true potential. We love HGS and would recommend this school to anyone! Forever Flames!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The faith based curriculum, not only teaches the academic necessities, but also promotes the moral and values of the Catholic faith.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Holy Ghost are very attentive. The smaller class sizes allow the teachers to give extra help to students who are struggling and challenge the students who are excelling

When we moved here a bout a year and half ago we carefully researched the education options for our children. We choose Holy Ghost for my younger daughter due to the student to teacher ratio, the faith based curriculum, and vast variety of extra curricular opportunities offered. Now that we have been part of the Holy Ghost family for a little over a year we could not be happier! My daughter is excelling in her classes, has made some amazing friends, and loves the no cut sports and activities opportunities. When we registered my older daughter in the local High School her counselor raved about how prepared Holy Ghost students were for High School. She also shared that the teachers can always tell the former Holy Ghost students by their exceptional writing skills. My daughter loves coming to school each day, and that is saying a lot for a middle school student. Holy Ghost has truly exceeded our expectations!

Somos miembros de la escuela de Holy Ghost por m s de 5 a os. Durante este tiempo, nuestra familia ha estado muy contenta con la excelente educaci n que reciben nuestros tres hijos. La escuela se enfoca en el avance acad mico y religioso de todos sus estudiantes. El curr culo acad mico est dise ado para que los ni os aprendan temas avanzados en materias como matem ticas, espa ol, estudios sociales, historia, y gram tica. Adem s, la escuela tiene programas extras para el desarrollo mental de los ni os como ajedrez, periodismo, ingenier a, y dise o de robots. Nuestros hijos han participado en varios de los equipos deportivos de la escuela como basquetbol, atletismo, y voleibol. Esta es una escuela muy unida con familias dedicadas a apoyar a sus hijos en todas las facetas escolares y religiosas. Nuestros hijos se divierten a diario aprendiendo desarrollando habilidades de trabajo en equipo, innovaci n, creatividad y comunicaci n que utilizaran para toda la vida. Nosotros recomendamos firmemente esta escuela.

We couldn't be more happy about the school. Our son loves to get up and go to HG. We started in the middle of preschool, now we are in 1st grade. Educational standards are high but not only that. HG teaches kids how to be humble, appreciative, kind an d so on... Kids start reading well at the end of K. Middle of 1st grade; it seems like every kid can pick up an adult boom and read it. same with math.... Holy Ghost is a really good school. Well worth the money. All families are nice, there is no bullying, atmosphere is great, A++++

If you are looking for a school with small classes, rigorous academics, caring and professional teachers and staff look no further than Holy Ghost. My son loves going to school in the morning! What I like about the school is how all the staff and faculty know the names of every student. That makes the children very comfortable when it is time to transition from one class to another. The principal is great and very involved.

Jestesmy jedna z licznych polskich rodzin w Holy Ghost. Atmosfera w szkole jest rewelacyjna, nasz syn bardzo chetnie chodzi do szkoly, chwali nauczycieli. Klasy sa niewielkie, starsze dzieci pomagaja mlodszym, wszyscy znaja sie po imieniu. Rodzice i Pani Dyrektor sa bardzo zaangazowani w szkolnictwo. Wychowanie katolickie jest na wysokim poziomie, dzieci od najmlodszych lat uczone sa manier, wspolczucia i kultury osobistej. Wraz z mezem nie mozemy sie nachwalic Holy Ghost School i jestesmy dumni ze jestesmy czescia ich rodziny.

Like you, I m a parent that wants the best for my children. I have 3 children that have graduated from HGS. My older daughters went on to graduate in the top 5% of their HS class, score in the 30 s on the ACT, attend U of I, and are on their way to successful careers. My third child starts HS enrolled in every accelerated class available. My point? If you want the best possible education for your children (and why else would you be reading this?), in my opinion, Holy Ghost School is the place for them. There is a perception that private schools with waiting lists must be the best schools. Absolutely not. They have teachers with the same experience, getting paid the same amount. The difference? Teacher to student ratio. Does your child has a better chance of succeeding at school with one teacher managing 35+ students or one teaching 20 students? Small is a Big Deal is more than a catch phrase for us, it is what separates HGS from the other local parochial schools and gives our students an academic advantage that will support success in high school, college, and beyond.

I am very happy with the education my children have received at Holy Ghost. My daughter is entering high school in all honors courses and even an AP class as a freshman. The school has offered a well-rounded education with cutting edge Technology (iPads and a news media center), athletics (even offering cheerleading and track), and even extracurricular things like chess and Lego clubs, and theatre. The new principal has really shaken things up and I am impressed by her knowledge and the direction she is taking the school.. Most importantly , my children have learned what good judgement is and have received a good foundation for their future.

Last modified Holy Ghost School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8