Edgewood Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2010
I have two children that attend this school. It has a very concerned and developed administrative team. I can't imagine my children being in a better environment to learn.

Posted August 11, 2009
My daughter attended this school for four years and my son attended Kindergarten. We have been very happy with the education our children recieved. The school strongly promotes family involvement and keeps a constant open dialouge with parents. Mrs. Hughes, the new principal, has been wonderful in every aspect. Our son has a severe food allergy and we were terrified of sending him to a public school. The entire staff, Mrs. Lackowski, Mrs. Hughes and the district nurse were wonderful to work with and we never had a moment to worry. This school really takes care of their students. When my daughter started having trouble in math, she was enrolled in the after-school homework help program and given extra help from her teacher. My only regret is that we had to leave the district.

Edgewood Elementary School 2

Posted February 22, 2007

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter is now a 1st grader at Edgewood School. The school's environment is very family oriented. All of the staff members I have met so far are really nice and helpful. The curriculum night for this school year was very helpful in understanding what my child would be learning and how I'm able to enhance her learning at home. I really like the school's motivation towards reading. My daughter is always ready and willing to read books together. The time and patience the teachers/aides take up with the students is also commendable. The class sizes are not too large. The students are involved in music, art, p.e. and other activities to give them an overall involvement in social activities as well as academic. I look forward to bigger and better things with each school year.

Posted May 12, 2006
My daugther is finishing up kindergarten at Edgewood school. Everyone I have come in contact with at the school see the students as most important. The teachers and aides are very patient with the students. They also have one-on-one with the students in addition to group time. The teacher to student ratio is not too large and this makes me feel at ease knowing that my daughter is learning too. She loves going to school which is a plus. She is absorbing so much information from school and is on the road to reading.

Posted December 21, 2004
Edgewood Elementary School, in my opinion is the best. During this past summer, I moved to Romeoville and attended A. Vito Martinez. It got so bad, I moved right back to Woodridge, and went right back to Edgewood. The principal Mr. Wolcott, and the teachers, are the most kind, and caring teachers ever. Even the P.T.O. members are. We have a lot to do there. You can be in student council, be a computer tutor, be apart of hoop club, and much more. At Edgewood, we really focus on learning, and respect. Everyone is treated equally and included. I highly recommend for a child to go to Edgewood. You won't regret it!

Edgewood Elementary School
7900 Woodridge Drive, Woodridge, IL  60517
Last modified Edgewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top