Bad
Good

We have had children in this school for 4 years and are very happy with our experience. The teachers have all been caring and helpful. They are very involved in the school and often even spend their own time attending school functions in the evenings. They have a great enrichment program and really work to meet the needs of all students. When we moved to a new house, we made sure that we found another house within Meadowview boundaries because our children have been very happy and successful there.

I have five kids and have lived in several different school districts. Out of the handful of elementary schools that I have had the pleasure of sending children to, Meadowview is by far the best. I'm sure that they all have taught my children well, but what I really like about Meadowview is the small-town feel and the extremely caring attitude of the teachers. First of all, it feels like what I imagine a school felt like years ago. I call in and someone answers right away - no pressing buttons to choose different options. When I excuse my child's absence, they don't even ask me what classroom he's in because they know him. They might even make a comment like "oh I heard he felt bad yesterday in class.. tell him we miss him and want him to get better." Secondly, the teachers are extremely caring and will go to any lengths to help the students. When I go to parent-teacher conference or email the teacher, I really feel like my child is known as an individual and is an important part of each class.

Our children are excelling academically and socially at Meadowview. Principal,Teachers and there PTO are amazing. Discipline methods are strong but unfortunately some children need that extra discipline. Parents need to realize that our teachers are there to teach our children not to babysit them. Teach your children the correct way to behave in school then they will enjoy being taught by these incredible teachers and enjoy there playtime too.

My child is a student at this school and I am dissapointed in the harsh discipline methods. Detention for children as young as 1st grade. Removal of portions of recess for misbehaving. Excessive amounts of unnecessary rules. Not what I would choose for educating young children. Teachers seem kind enough, but this does not seem to reflect the atmosphere of the school as a whole.

I feel that this school has changed, it use to be very organized and my children did very well, they even had a program for the gifted. I don't know what's happened in the last two years that the school is losing its greatness, I am really considering private school.

Last modified Meadowview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.