Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Posted May 04, 2016
Though most elective teachers and gym teachers are very kind the common core teachers are not nice. They started giving detentions for kids who get bad grades instead of giving them the help they need. To add the school disciplinary system is trash. For example, a student here at yms had his phone confiscated for having inappropriate pictures on phone. After searching they found nothing but took his phone "temporarily". 7 weeks later the school refused to give the phone back and handed it to the police. Whenever the student asked for it back the officers hung up the phone and ignored his calls. The school is well known for falsely suspending students. If you are interested in putting your child in a healthy learning environment were teachers know how to teach than I suggest your child goes to and Oswego school or a Plano school I hope this helped

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
The gym teachers, art , drama, choir and the Spanish teachers for their will to listen to students

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 09, 2016
Lady at front office and how sweet she is and my two kids look forward to seeing her each day only.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 09, 2016
They lie to students and treat them in ways they wouldn't want to be treated and r very disrespectful to students. They don't listen to students thoughts feeling or want to go over and above to help kids achieve that r struggling.

Yorkville Middle School 1

Posted October 26, 2015
I am extremely disappointed with this school. They do not bring home textbooks, so we have no idea what our kids are being taught or how they are being taught. The majority of their grade is their test score, but we cannot even see what our kids get wrong because they are not allowed to bring home tests. If they don't want to use textbooks, we should have some type of educational software for homework so parents can see what is going on in the classroom. We literally are left in the dark until we get an email stating how poorly our child has done on a test. Then, if they want to retake the test and your student scores poorly, they go with the lowest test grade. I do not understand how they are promoting success for the student as a whole. I believe they are setting these kids up for failure, in every aspect. I am terrified of my decision of keeping my child in this school district for all of these years. The teaching never gets better.

Posted May 14, 2015
Yorkville middle school and any school in the district is horriable. To explain, there teacher don't even teach right. The whole 7th grade fails math test because of this teaching. They never spend school budget on students only on teachers. All staff doesn't care about bullying issues. All they seem to care is the athletes in the school. So if you don't play sports good luck fitting in. As a result yorkville middle school and the district schools are the worst.

Posted December 11, 2014
I get that the school is large and there are many students however in regards to extracurricular activities the students are not given a fair shot. The audition process for both drama and musical are at a professional level with call backs and daily practices...for hours! The Drama teacher and Choir teacher (Motley) also tend to pick the same few students for everything. By doing this they are teaching the students that they are not good enough rather than guiding and giving a chance. All I can say is regardless of the class size students should be given a shot to learn and develop their talents...and passions before they get to the High School level. I know many have mentioned how great the drama department is....but think about the students that don't make the cut. These are 7th & 8th graders!!

Yorkville Middle School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
Yorkville is definitely one of the best schools in the area. They have AMAZING drama and music programs and put on great performances. They also have very good sports programs, especially cross country and track. The school district isn't as big as the ones around it so students can get to know the other people at school. We also do square dancing in the middle school during the winter which is a blast. I looked forward to that from when I first heard about it. In fact, in 2011 we even set the world record for the largest square dance. Not only do they have great extra activities, but they teach very well. Coming into seventh grade I was not very good at writing but took advanced anyways. My writing teacher helped me a lot by having us write a paragraph with a prompt at the beginning of class which helped me so much. She also graded hard so I knew I had to work really hard on my papers which helped a bunch. The history teachers overall are very good, I wasn't very impressed with the 8th grade science teachers, and the math teachers do very well for the most part. The PE teachers are probably the worst because they didn't all grade the same way. In the end, this school was fabulous!

Yorkville Middle School 5

Posted January 24, 2009
Yorkville is a great community. My kids love the schools, and the nice thing about the school set up is that after 6th grade, the kids are all together from 7th until graduation. I have a Freshman at the new Yorkville academy (9th grade only) and it has been great. She is very active in school sports and activities, and she hasn't had a lot of the stresses of being a Freshman among 900 other upper class students.

Posted November 05, 2008
I do not believe Yorkville is giving me the education I need. Another thing is the teachers are not the best.

920 Prairie Crossing Dr, Yorkville, IL  60560
Last modified Yorkville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.