Yorkville, IL

Posted December 11, 2014
I get that the school is large and there are many students however in regards to extracurricular activities the students are not given a fair shot. The audition process for both drama and musical are at a professional level with call backs and daily practices...for hours! The Drama teacher and Choir teacher (Motley) also tend to pick the same few students for everything. By doing this they are teaching the students that they are not good enough rather than guiding and giving a chance. All I can say is regardless of the class size students should be given a shot to learn and develop their talents...and passions before they get to the High School level. I know many have mentioned how great the drama department is....but think about the students that don't make the cut. These are 7th & 8th graders!!

Yorkville Middle School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
Yorkville is definitely one of the best schools in the area. They have AMAZING drama and music programs and put on great performances. They also have very good sports programs, especially cross country and track. The school district isn't as big as the ones around it so students can get to know the other people at school. We also do square dancing in the middle school during the winter which is a blast. I looked forward to that from when I first heard about it. In fact, in 2011 we even set the world record for the largest square dance. Not only do they have great extra activities, but they teach very well. Coming into seventh grade I was not very good at writing but took advanced anyways. My writing teacher helped me a lot by having us write a paragraph with a prompt at the beginning of class which helped me so much. She also graded hard so I knew I had to work really hard on my papers which helped a bunch. The history teachers overall are very good, I wasn't very impressed with the 8th grade science teachers, and the math teachers do very well for the most part. The PE teachers are probably the worst because they didn't all grade the same way. In the end, this school was fabulous!

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009
Yorkville is a great community. My kids love the schools, and the nice thing about the school set up is that after 6th grade, the kids are all together from 7th until graduation. I have a Freshman at the new Yorkville academy (9th grade only) and it has been great. She is very active in school sports and activities, and she hasn't had a lot of the stresses of being a Freshman among 900 other upper class students.

Posted November 05, 2008
I do not believe Yorkville is giving me the education I need. Another thing is the teachers are not the best.

Posted May 13, 2008
I love this school!! It has the nicest teachers! Plus, we have an awesome drama department and in our new middle school is gonna have an autitorium!

Posted March 03, 2008

Posted August 27, 2007
I know you might think i'm saying bad things about the school cuz i go there, but your children will have an un pleasent expirience in this school distrect in general because of the increasing city growth there is crazy shcools i.e. 2 grade schools that teaches grades 4-6 go to 1 middle school that teaches grades 7-8 instead of 6-8, and then onto the freshman only buliding, then a 10-12 grade highschool your children will have to move around schools alot and it may/will be an unpleasent expirience for your child.

Posted May 07, 2005
My Daughter has come to Middle in Nov 04, and has a Learning Disability, and by May 05, I see a big improvement on all subjects. She is doing a homework and projects on her own for the first time. She's also enjoying school for the 1st time.

Yorkville Middle School 3

Posted November 05, 2003

Yorkville Middle School
920 Prairie Crossing Drive, Yorkville, IL  60560
Last modified Yorkville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yorkville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top