Yorkville, IL
Students enrolled: 1,565

Posted May 29, 2014
I am currently a student and I love Yorkville because all of the staff support I am provided. If I have a problem, I know exactly where to go and who to talk to. I am not saying that I have not run into problems- but I feel appreciated for the most part. I like how the school is run, while the a large population of students are cliquey and negative. Another problem I have had was with a coaching staff, I moved on to another sport though and they are excellent. The principle, deans, and counselors are all fantastic. I also love that they have a lot of groups and clubs to join.

Yorkville High School 1

Posted April 24, 2014
Yorkville has a terrible school system. If you want your child to be safe, send them to another school. The vast majority of the teachers and staff members here are not concerned with whether or not your child is being bullied, physically, verbally, or sexually. Even if your child seeks help for this, they turn the other cheek. Not to mention if your child is out of school for a long period of time due to medical reasons. If they try to get caught up, some teachers refuse to help them because "they are way past that chapter/section." At one point I had a teacher tell me I was better off dropping out because I had no chance of graduating on time. Thanks to online classes, I ended up graduating early. I refuse to walk at graduation and I refuse to support a school that does not support their students.

Yorkville High School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
Yorkville high school is not worth attending to. I have been enrolled 3 years and wish I could transfer every day I walk in the doors. Don't get me wrong, some teachers can actually teach! There are some rules that are worthless. I was sent to the dean for wearing a fleece due to the uncomfortable cold in the room.(heat is poor in the school) I was told "if you do not take your fleece off and put it in your locker you will be sent home on suspension until you can follow the rules." Not to mention my friend was late a few times because of a family matter and was told "school is a bigger priority than family."...just wrong to say to a student. I do not recommend enrolling your student in Yorkville high school unless you want a load of stress and kids getting depressed from being so stressed that they don't want to go. But I will say, if you are a star in sports definitely enroll. Thats honestly all the school seems to care about. If you don't believe me look at the academic scores..

Yorkville High School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
I attended Yorkville High School my Freshman and Sophomore year, and then made the personal decision to transfer to a private school. I feel like I'm two years behind the students at my new school. Although I did thrive socially, I could not feel less prepared for the "real word." I take all Honors Courses, and receive straight A's, with minimal effort. I do not feel that I am at all educated to be successful in life, even though my report card may say otherwise. The teachers are only concerned with Standardized test scores, and even then fail to prepare most students to succeed. I got the impression from majority of my teachers that teaching is not a passion of theirs, and instead a last resort. I did have the pleasure of encountering two great teachers who care about the students well-being and success--for that I am thankful. The administration is more concerned with getting the students in trouble, than educating them. Negative behavior receives 95% of the attention in my experiences. I understand a school's need for discipline, but it should not be the primary focus. Yorkville High School is not a terrible place to attend, but there are many better options in the area.

Yorkville High School 3

Posted May 02, 2010
I am a student of YHSA and i love my teachers, i got lucky. Yet, we are behind other schools. It bothers me because i have to transfer now I am going to be practically a freshman again.

Posted March 02, 2010
My children have attended Yorkville for the past 7 years. In that time many things have changed. The most notable being the building of new schools to keep class sizes lower, revamping older, outdated curriculums, hiring a new HS principle. This new principle is fabulous and works tirelessly to raise the level of learning and accountablilty within the district, his teachers, and students. This year, though dollars are tight, the district is not talking about RIFs or reductions in extra-curricular activities, nor have any been mentioned for next year. Our school board appears to be doing a good job managing dollars while continuing to move the district forward. Parent input and participation is encouraged and welcomed. Though we had a rocky start when moving here, my children now enjoy the schools they are in and can take courses that challenge them even though they are at the honors level..

Yorkville High School 5

Posted September 18, 2009

Yorkville High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It is a school filled with students,teachers,facalty, and parents who care not only about education,but their community as well.

Posted September 16, 2009
The music program in particular is wonderful... the new principal is making great changes... and the students are amazing.

Yorkville High School 3

Posted July 05, 2009

Yorkville High School
797 Game Farm Road, Yorkville, IL  60560
Last modified Yorkville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yorkville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top