Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 14, 2016
Principal Kinswetter whom is not there anymore. He showed a complete understanding to value our concerns.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 14, 2016
Sadly when their are educators that do not value a parent/student/ teacher relationship it overshadows those who do.

Yorkville High School 2

Posted May 14, 2016
WIth relocating here from a large high school. I was very involved within the high school so my knowledge is not at a low level. We moved a high schooler which we knew would bear challenges. The high school at the time of his enrollment was profoundly difficult. Outside of the principle whom was concerned for us as a family seemed to have a staff that was not as concerned in developing a student-teacher-parent relationships. The concept of this was and seemed foreign to his teachers. There was actual disdain for our son and us as a family. I value teaching and the high school profession so I was not unfamiliar with the environment. But I have never seen a school actually not work with a family to gain achievement. It was a gut wrenching experience for 2 years. I have to say that there are individuals with-in the administration level that are seeking accountability, but for now would stay clear of the district.

Posted May 29, 2014
I am currently a student and I love Yorkville because all of the staff support I am provided. If I have a problem, I know exactly where to go and who to talk to. I am not saying that I have not run into problems- but I feel appreciated for the most part. I like how the school is run, while the a large population of students are cliquey and negative. Another problem I have had was with a coaching staff, I moved on to another sport though and they are excellent. The principle, deans, and counselors are all fantastic. I also love that they have a lot of groups and clubs to join.

Yorkville High School 1

Posted April 24, 2014
Yorkville has a terrible school system. If you want your child to be safe, send them to another school. The vast majority of the teachers and staff members here are not concerned with whether or not your child is being bullied, physically, verbally, or sexually. Even if your child seeks help for this, they turn the other cheek. Not to mention if your child is out of school for a long period of time due to medical reasons. If they try to get caught up, some teachers refuse to help them because "they are way past that chapter/section." At one point I had a teacher tell me I was better off dropping out because I had no chance of graduating on time. Thanks to online classes, I ended up graduating early. I refuse to walk at graduation and I refuse to support a school that does not support their students.

Yorkville High School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
Yorkville high school is not worth attending to. I have been enrolled 3 years and wish I could transfer every day I walk in the doors. Don't get me wrong, some teachers can actually teach! There are some rules that are worthless. I was sent to the dean for wearing a fleece due to the uncomfortable cold in the room.(heat is poor in the school) I was told "if you do not take your fleece off and put it in your locker you will be sent home on suspension until you can follow the rules." Not to mention my friend was late a few times because of a family matter and was told "school is a bigger priority than family."...just wrong to say to a student. I do not recommend enrolling your student in Yorkville high school unless you want a load of stress and kids getting depressed from being so stressed that they don't want to go. But I will say, if you are a star in sports definitely enroll. Thats honestly all the school seems to care about. If you don't believe me look at the academic scores..

Yorkville High School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
I attended Yorkville High School my Freshman and Sophomore year, and then made the personal decision to transfer to a private school. I feel like I'm two years behind the students at my new school. Although I did thrive socially, I could not feel less prepared for the "real word." I take all Honors Courses, and receive straight A's, with minimal effort. I do not feel that I am at all educated to be successful in life, even though my report card may say otherwise. The teachers are only concerned with Standardized test scores, and even then fail to prepare most students to succeed. I got the impression from majority of my teachers that teaching is not a passion of theirs, and instead a last resort. I did have the pleasure of encountering two great teachers who care about the students well-being and success--for that I am thankful. The administration is more concerned with getting the students in trouble, than educating them. Negative behavior receives 95% of the attention in my experiences. I understand a school's need for discipline, but it should not be the primary focus. Yorkville High School is not a terrible place to attend, but there are many better options in the area.

Posted May 30, 2013
Yorkville Academy and Yorkville High School has been great for my child. He is not an athlete but has participated in Marching Band for the last 3 years. He is a Senior this year and I can not say enough about the support from the Faculty and the sense of community from the Student Body. The Academy was great and allowed my child to transition comfortably into High School, which for many can be very intimidating as a Freshman. I can't say enough about the Music program and the improvements I have seen to the Marching Band once it was volunteer based instead of mandatory involvement. We have been in District 204 and while there we encountered racisim and classism at one of the Middle Schools. We have never experienced any bullying or discrimination in any form in our 4 years at this school. Teachers communicate their concerns and keep me informed of my child's progress and on upcoming classroom events and assignments. We have felt nothing but a sense of community and acceptance which speaks volumes in this day in age. I am proud to be a parent of a future Alumini of the YHS Class of 2014! Go Foxes, YHS Pride!!!

Yorkville High School 3

Posted May 02, 2010
I am a student of YHSA and i love my teachers, i got lucky. Yet, we are behind other schools. It bothers me because i have to transfer now I am going to be practically a freshman again.

Posted March 02, 2010
My children have attended Yorkville for the past 7 years. In that time many things have changed. The most notable being the building of new schools to keep class sizes lower, revamping older, outdated curriculums, hiring a new HS principle. This new principle is fabulous and works tirelessly to raise the level of learning and accountablilty within the district, his teachers, and students. This year, though dollars are tight, the district is not talking about RIFs or reductions in extra-curricular activities, nor have any been mentioned for next year. Our school board appears to be doing a good job managing dollars while continuing to move the district forward. Parent input and participation is encouraged and welcomed. Though we had a rocky start when moving here, my children now enjoy the schools they are in and can take courses that challenge them even though they are at the honors level..

797 Game Farm Rd, Yorkville, IL  60560
Last modified Yorkville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.