Bad
Good

I love my school. :) I miss coming here over breaks or holidays! My teacher is awesome and helps us do our best.

This past Friday the bus driver forgot to pick up the kids at the last stop. He made it all the way to the school, dropped off a pack of kids and then had to double all the way back. The temp was 19 degrees that day. I didn't get a phone call from the school explaining this nor an e-mail. I found out this morning from my child.

I've been having trouble with this school myself. My son isn't getting a quality education. More advertisements come home than homework. The teachers aren't in the classrooms, they let the kids get bullied even when you kindly ask them to separate the children. Instead of listening they try to make you feel like you are being unreasonable. It's not a good school and i'd like to move soon because I don't think my child is getting the best education. No homework, no text books. Our house has two participating parents and we are still having problems. When I was a kid my parents never helped me and I got a better education than my child is getting. This district has some strange philosophies. I've spoken the grade school principal and I was told that they don't give homework because the students don't do it. SO then the kids who would benefit have to suffer. I was even told that in High school the students have two study halls (classes) instead of one. So kids are doing less learning. I'm not satisfied and I want to move very soon. I will be paying very close attention to the schools rating and performance from now on thanks to this school district.

my 4th grade daughter had an ongoing bullying problem at this school throughout her entire year that was never properly handled by the staff. i had to pull her off of the bus in the beginning of the year because of it. as the year progressed she turned to her teacher for help and was told "what do you want me to do about it?" she was asked by the assistant principal "what punishment do you want this boy to get?" shouldn't the adults be in charge of that decision? she finally got a meeting with her bully at the very end of the year with the principal. the bully never was punished. we had a year full of fear and tears at YIS. an almost total lack of adult intervention. in spite of this i do feel my daughter learned a lot academically. YIS staff needs some serious training on bullying issues. we are homeschooling from now on. your child should be able to feel safe at their school where they spend a majority of their time. this just didn't happen for my daughter as YIS.

this school is wonderful i make more friends every week by week. this school should be rated in the top 10 top of the list

I have had one child go through the school and currently have a 5th and 6th grader there. Both my husband I are teachers and feel that our children have gotten an excellent education at YIS! The teachers, the support staff and the administration are all very attentive and focused on the children's needs. We have been extremely happy with the school!!

My daughter attended the last two years and is now in YMS this is my son's first year. I was happy with my daughters transition into this new school distict my only problem was when her final grades came and she got a C+ and she has been on the honor roll prior. I discussed the transition with her teacher and she assured me that my child was doing well. A C+ has never be an acceptable grade. Now my son is off to a great start his test scores are excellent and I couldn't be prouder. But when I look at the testing for 5th and 6th grades I am very concerned. Hoping that the teachers are putting together a better plan.

Both of my children attended YIS for 2 years and I was very happy with the school! The teachers were very supportive and were always available as was the Principal - Parental involvement was high and parents are encouraged to become involved. Also, the office staff was always friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Last modified Yorkville Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.