Yorkville, IL

Posted June 17, 2015
I have had 3 children at this school since we moved to yorkville in 2006; and when the school opened. We have had nothing but great experiences with the entire staff, and educators and principals. I read a review that really shocked me about what a bad experience they had, and It is hard to believe since my family nor any family I know has had a bad experience. I have had 2 children there from k-6 and I am sad that this was our last year there. I have only known 1 family that took their children out for home schooling but was due to medical reasons. My children have done exceptional and I highly recommend Grande Reserve Elementary, we will miss everyone there!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 17, 2015
I have had three children attend this school since they opened in 2006. 2 of my kids attended k-6, this year being our last and I am so sad to not be a part of GRES any longer. The principals, teacher and office staff have all been wonderful! I have had 3 children attend with all very different personalities and they have all excelled! I was shocked to read one the the reviews that was so negative; it's hard to believe! My family nor any family I know has had a bad experience at this school. I highly recommend this school and we will miss being a part of GRES!!

Posted July 13, 2013
Amazing teachers I have one son that has gone to Grande Reserve from K-now 6th grade. Every teacher he has had is awesome! These teachers and admin really show they love their job and our children as individials! All the kids rave about the new principal! Love love love GRES!

Posted February 13, 2012
This is a a really excellent school from the facility to the staff, can't beat it

Posted August 15, 2011
We have had students at this school since it opened. I have also had the opportunity to help out as a parent volunteer. The teachers and most of the staff at this school are outstanding. My third grade son has had nothing but fantastic teachers since he started there in Kindergarten. The growth that he has had is unprecedented (especially last year in third grade.) The extra reading programs that he has participated in (reading recovery in first grade and extra reading help with the reading specialist last school year) are outstanding and have helped him tremendously. Also, the librarians do an excellent job with enrichment activities and really know their stuff. I would not hesitate to move into Yorkville as the superintendent and his staff definitely have this school district on the right path!!

Grande Reserve Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2011
Our experience with this school was very disappointing. Horrible leadership, poor communication with parents and such a bad experience for the children that parents were pulling their children out left and right to finish the year out by home schooling. I visited the school 3 times in preparation for our move and child's enrollment. When we came to start his first day, the principle was surprised and hadn't reviewed any of his background materials. She just picked a class to put him in and the teacher had no idea he was coming. He was embarrassed and I was horrified. I should have followed my gut and just taken him home. A gifted student who had never had anything but positive school experiences became recluse and had no desire to go to school. Bullying, fighting at recess. It was unbelievable. His class had 4 different teachers in one year. He didn't learn a thing. Yorkville is a nice place to live, but don't buy or build in this school's line of fire. We were re-districted to Bristol Bay for the next year and it was a great year.

Grande Reserve Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2010
We have had some excellent, caring teachers at this school. They are always accessible, always ready to help with any issue we have come across so far. The parents are very involved. The principal was immediately reactive when a problem with a nasty lunch aide was brought to her attention last year. The situation was immediately resoved to the positive benefit of the students. This school stresses Character Counts and has a No Bullying policy. I wish the academic programs were a little more challenging, but I think this is a state curriculum issue and not a specific school or school district issue.

Grande Reserve Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2010
The principal at this school is wonderful. She was always very accessible to us whenever we needed her and she went the extra mile to help my daughter whenever she needed it. They have a zero tolerance policy on bullying. We moved out of state and are no longer at GR, but would highly recommend them to anyone considering sending their child here.

Posted April 09, 2009
I was excited about coming my children coming to this school, but wow! What a let down. If you get the right teachers then you would be set, other than that the principal needs to get a handle on the school. Playground time for the kids have been less than pleasent. If you want your child to have a mediocre education and will to let them slide by without a good foundation, then this school is for you.

Posted May 03, 2008
The teachers here are wonderful and they really go the extra mile for my child. I am so glad I switched to this school district, this is the best thing I could have done for my child.

3142 Grande Trail, Yorkville, IL  60560
Last modified Grande Reserve Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grande Reserve Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top