PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Overall, my children and I had a great experience at St. Mary's School because we felt the atmosphere was nurturing and the academics held high standards with caring teachers. A smaller Student to teacher ratio was also a plus.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My two children attended this school from 2008-2012. They loved it! I felt the academics were challenging and that my children excelled. The teachers communicated with me and were willing to stay after school for tutoring and did so regularly.

My children have went to st.mary's for six years now. The principal is awesome . Most of the teachers are Wonderful, however I do think there should be Some more one on one time with teachers and Students. But for the most part I love this school And consider the staff to be like family.

Very poor acedemics. The focus so much on helping the ESL students that the English speaking students suffer. The classrooms are too small. I believe children need more than 8-10 classmates. Yearly the number of students drops. There is almost no extracurricular activites for the children. The teachers yell daily at the students. The principal has different rules for different students. No consistency at all at St. Mary's. It's very sad to see a once great school fall so much under the leadership of the current principal.

We pulled our 1st grader from St. Mary's and enrolled him at St. Ambrose. We felt St. Mary's had several very weak teachers who mainly provided 'busy work' rather than help promote creativity and independent thinking. Very sad that St. Mary's has become an unsatisfactory school.

My child is finishing 8th grade at St Mary's and has been there throughout her K-12 education. Everyone from the Principal to the custodian has been wonderful. The education has been great, and she has done extremely well on the HS placements tests. The greatest comments we receive is on how well prepared she is.

Wonderful school. The teachers are caring and my three children are receiving the same great education that I received there myself - along with my mother, grandmother, and great grandfather. Parents are highly encouraged to spend time at the school and to be involved in their children's education. The religious aspect of the school is also wonderful. I have never regretted the money I have spent to send my kids to St. Mary's. I have a stepson the same age as one of my daughter. He attends public schools here, and the difference in the quality of education is enormous. The tuition is quite reasonable. The discipline is far superior to public schools.

This school was just not suitable at all. Teachers yelling all the time, and most didn't seem to care about the students at all.

Last modified Saint Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.