Saint Mary School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
My children have went to st.mary's for six years now. The principal is awesome . Most of the teachers are Wonderful, however I do think there should be Some more one on one time with teachers and Students. But for the most part I love this school And consider the staff to be like family.

Posted April 27, 2010
Very poor acedemics. The focus so much on helping the ESL students that the English speaking students suffer. The classrooms are too small. I believe children need more than 8-10 classmates. Yearly the number of students drops. There is almost no extracurricular activites for the children. The teachers yell daily at the students. The principal has different rules for different students. No consistency at all at St. Mary's. It's very sad to see a once great school fall so much under the leadership of the current principal.

Posted March 26, 2010
We pulled our 1st grader from St. Mary's and enrolled him at St. Ambrose. We felt St. Mary's had several very weak teachers who mainly provided 'busy work' rather than help promote creativity and independent thinking. Very sad that St. Mary's has become an unsatisfactory school.

Saint Mary School 5

Posted April 23, 2009
My child is finishing 8th grade at St Mary's and has been there throughout her K-12 education. Everyone from the Principal to the custodian has been wonderful. The education has been great, and she has done extremely well on the HS placements tests. The greatest comments we receive is on how well prepared she is.

Saint Mary School 5

Posted April 13, 2007
Wonderful school. The teachers are caring and my three children are receiving the same great education that I received there myself - along with my mother, grandmother, and great grandfather. Parents are highly encouraged to spend time at the school and to be involved in their children's education. The religious aspect of the school is also wonderful. I have never regretted the money I have spent to send my kids to St. Mary's. I have a stepson the same age as one of my daughter. He attends public schools here, and the difference in the quality of education is enormous. The tuition is quite reasonable. The discipline is far superior to public schools.

Posted April 06, 2007
- a former student
This school was just not suitable at all. Teachers yelling all the time, and most didn't seem to care about the students at all.

Saint Mary School
1115 Pearl Street, Anderson, IN  46016
Last modified Saint Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saint Mary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top