Anderson, IN

Posted February 15, 2014
My kids do not get the help they need. They have been put on the wrong bus many times.

Erskine Elementary School 5

Posted February 20, 2013
In my many years of teaching, I have never met a more dedicated, hard working staff! The teachers at Erskine go above and beyond to try to meet the needs of every child. They help provide a quality education with the support of highly qualified reading specialists and special education teachers, but also help families with basic needs for their children. The amount of growth from kindergarten to fifth grade is due to a cohesive staff working for the best interest of the students. The refreshing part is that the staff works so hard for the students because they love their jobs, and they do so with smiles on their faces!

Erskine Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2011
Today my little girl came home very upset due to what a teacher had done to her. My little girl had got into trouble by getting upset, However, the teacher decided to cross the line by grabbing my daughters' bag of star cash that she had thrown down and the teacher had thrown them away. At the same time my little girl was crying and begging for her not to do so. The teacher just acted like it was nothing to her and did this in front of other children. Im not pleased by that notion. This is not the only time this teacher and I have had problems. Other times she would punish my child in fact there were other students doing the same thing and nothing was done to them. I had asked her personaly and that is what she stated. Her excuse for that was "i only saw your duaghter, however i did hear others but could not tell so no one else pulled a card" Does that make sense? No, it does not me. Right now im very upset that i went to the principle with one other issue and still nothing was done to correct it. Issue #1 she made my little girl walk an entire recess with a blister on her foot. When my child asked to go see the nurse she told her no. It popped and it took awhile to heal.

Erskine Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2010
there are too many bad things and bad experiences with this school and it's staff to list out on here!

Posted February 12, 2009
My daughter has been going here for 2 years and is now at the same level she was at when she went to a private school in kindergarden. No advancement, no working with the parents. A lot of 'smoke' has been told to us. Love the Principle, but please do not tell parents what they want to hear- work with us! The disapline is a bit much. These children can not talk during class, or lunch, which leaves recess and that is at the end of the day. While I was in school lunch time was a break from learning we ate and chatted with our friends, this is not MILITARY school. I wish this school was better with helping advanced children.

Erskine Elementary School 5

Posted November 08, 2008
Erskine Elementary has the best teachers in the city of Anderson. They are hard working and put children first. Mrs. Graham, Ms. Fuller, Mrs. Watts, Mr. Morgan, Mrs. Pettigrew, Mrs. Brizendine, and Mr. King are awesome!!!

Posted June 19, 2008
I've been teaching with this school system for 8 years now, and Erskine is my favorite place to be :) The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The principal is very organized, hard-working and open to communication. The teachers are dedicated and go above and beyond the call of duty. The Parent Group is wonderful and always looking for more committed parents who want to be involved in their child's education. All of these things greatly impact students in a positive way!

Posted March 08, 2008
I agree the discipline is a little out of control. My 5 year old daughter has to make up time for four tardies. I find that a little extreme for kindergarten. As far as her education is concerned, you guys are doing a great job. She absolutely loves her school and all of her teachers. Good luck to the principal and keep up the good work you are doing a great job and the children love it.

Posted January 28, 2008
It needs a lot of help. I can count on my hand how many teachers are actually good but worse of all is the board.

Erskine Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2006
ACS System as a whole is in great need of improvement. However, I feel that Erskine Elem is one of the better schools in our system. While it is true that there have been changes in the principal Kara Miller has been with us since the middle of last year and is doing a great job. The office always looks prior to unlocking the doors during school hours. They also require that you sign in at the office. Our parent group has been in place for a couple of years and we strive to make Erskine a great place to be. We also continue to encourage additional parents to get involved and help out when they are able. All three years we have attended this school my daughter has had great teachers as well. The principal, office, and teachers have always been open to all communication. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

811 West 60th Street, Anderson, IN  46013
(765) 641-2099
Last modified Erskine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Erskine Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top