PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Indiana Christian Academy 1

Posted December 10, 2015
I went to this academy for several years and wish I had gone to a public school. I was sheltered and not prepared for the world. I grew up with a single parent who put me in this place because they thought it was best. I was greatly suffocated and set back because I wasn't allowed to explore who I truly was like any normal person. The experiences here are in part why I renounced my Christian faith, and honestly, I've never felt so happy to do so. This just wasn't for me and I really didn't appreciate them pushing their political values on us when I was there. Not only that, I received a far better education at the public school I transferred to. While most teachers meant well and tried to do what was best for you based off their faith, I believe that the education and overall environment at my public school allowed me to grow as a person and to fully embrace diversity. Sheltering your child this way leaves them socially stunted, unable to fully embrace diversity, and ultimately leaves them unable to take on the world. Many of the friends I had in that school grew up and then lashed out because they weren't given a chance to explore leading them to destructive behaviors. Not only that, many of the Biblical teachings also re-enforced female inequality which I abhore. I received more bullying here than I ever did at my public school. Being placed in a small school like this alienated me from finding friends who were different like I was. Often I was judged and had no friends. In conclusion, this was a terrible fit for me and I wish my mother had sent me somewhere else. There were some great teachers and some that were out of line. I do not believe this is a good fit for any children over the age of 8. I believe this could work for younger kids but when you're a teenager, the last thing you want to do is be told "this is who you have to be" while all your other friends get to figure out who they are such as their sexuality, their political standing, their gender identity, and etc.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am so thankful that my son attends Indiana Christian Academy. He has since first grade and is now a sophomore. He gets an education from loving, caring teachers who take the time to make sure his needs are met. He has opportunities for extra-curricular activities which help him to be a well-rounded student. The education at ICA is above standards with students graduating from ICA ready for college. The small class sizes allow for more one-on-one attention and extra help to those that need it. I am an involved parent and wish more parents would get involved to help the school more.

Posted March 16, 2013
My wife and I love the great education and friendly environment our children are receiving at ICA! The teachers genuinely care about the students. The administrator is very warm and approachable. We are also excited about the ICA Preschool & Daycare that our 3 year old attends. She enjoys learning and is already starting to read. Both of our children love going to school in a caring, safe environment. And we love the fact that they have great test scores and excellent teachers. We also found out that ICA has many scholarship programs (including vouchers) so our children are able to receive a quality education in a Christian environment with no cost to us!

Indiana Christian Academy 4

Posted November 28, 2012
Thus far this school has been great I did not give 5 star as I have no other school to compare it to...( one child in school).

Posted November 02, 2012
My daughter attends the preschool at Indiana Christian and she has learned so much already! She knows many letters by sight, she knows whether they are a consonant or vowel and she loves going there every day. Very glad I chose Indiana Christian Academy for her first school experience!

Posted September 08, 2007
This is a great school for kids to learn not only book knowledge but also a great place to learn discipline. For the price you pay the kids get a top quality education, and they look forward to going. It is a place where doing things the right way is the cool thing for the kids to do and the kids encourage and challenge each other academically. The teachers are people who love the kids and want to be involved in what the kids are interested in, and the teachers want to see the students do well also. They offer the kids who need extra help a time to get together and extra lessons to get them caught up. The best part of all is that it is all done in the name of Jesus Christ. All things are done to please God.

Indiana Christian Academy
432 West 300 North, Anderson, IN  46012
Last modified Indiana Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indiana Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top