Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 09, 2015
Our teachers are highly effective and put in a lot of time and effort in ensuring our students are successful both from an academic perspective as well as from a personal perspective. We are truly blessed to have the teaching staff that we have.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 09, 2015
I love the fact that the older students on many occasions help "mentor" the younger students be it as a chapel buddy or as a reading buddy. I have seen numerous occasions where the students show caring, compassion, and support to all of the students regardless of grade level.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 09, 2015
The school upholds the teachings in scripture and also holds all students to a level of behavioral accountability which I appreciate so much as a parent. It is one of the reasons why my child goes here.

Our Shepherd Lutheran School 5

Posted August 09, 2015
My child's experience at this school has been absolutely amazing! Our oldest child went to public school and now we have chosen to send our youngest to Our Shepherd for a variety of reasons. The kindergarten and first grade teachers have gone above and beyond with all of their students (I volunteer a lot at the school and see the interaction for myself) and we are so pleased with the Christian education she is receiving.

Our Shepherd Lutheran School 5

Posted August 07, 2015
My child just graduated out of kindergarten at Our Shepherd and we could not be more pleased. Standards on behavior and participation are high, but life is not going to cut them any slack as they move on in school, so why should kindergarten be any different. As much as they learned, they had fun in equal measure . The environment is faithfully and loving with dedicated teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 07, 2015
Each teacher is dedicated and faithful to their God, School and students. Their determination to bring out the best is aided by smaller class sizes and a very involved staff

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 07, 2015
It varies greatly from class to classmoron what I know. I suspect that is true of all schools

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 07, 2015
The higher standards on the grading scale make students strive to do more with their minds.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 07, 2015
The teachers respect their students and expect the same in return to anyone the come in contact with.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 07, 2015
Absolutely. Caring about your fellow students and showing the love of Christ in your demeanor is encouraged

9201 East County Road 100 North, Avon, IN  46123
Last modified Our Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Our Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top