Posted February 14, 2014
My daughter goes to Cedar Elementary and is currently enrolled in Kindergarten. Her class has changed teachers midway through due to a maternity leave which is great for the previous teacher but can be difficult for the students and even the substitute teacher. The process of changing teachers was initially hard to swallow for my daughter, but the steps the administrators and both teachers have taken to prepare the class have helped. I must applaud the Principal for keeping the same substitute throughout the remainder of the year rather than changing daily. Though I was concerned that this change would affect my child's education, I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. My daughter enjoys her class just as much, if not more, than before! The school itself and the remaining staff are all friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs and their working environments. Avon is a great community that supports themselves through their phenomenal schools and staff. Great Work Cedar!

Posted August 12, 2010
My son went to Cedar for 2 years, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. Kevin Gray is a fabulous principal and is very fair and down to earth. The teachers (for the most part) are very kind and seem to truly enjoy teaching children. The academics are above average, and children are encouraged to go above and beyond and challenge themselves. The office staff are polite, the nurse is excellent, and the special services such as speech are superior to other schools my son attended prior to Cedar. I'm very grateful for the quality of education my son received while at Cedar.

Posted June 28, 2010
My daughter went her for 2 years before starting at the Intermediate School East. Her test scores have always been in the 99 percentile and she was placed in all higher ability classes. I believe she has been challenged and has had more growth in the Avon Schools than she would have if placed inproviate schools. I am very pleased with the education she is receiving in Avon.

Posted October 05, 2009
My granddaughter goes there and I think all Avon schools are the best. Three of my grandkids are in Avon schools and they have a curiculam that promotes learning and self confidence. My own children went to Whiteland Schools and they were okay but I can see such a difference in how my grandkids are taught. Go Cedar Elementary.

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter attends Cedar. I feel it is a great school with excellent teachers.

Posted August 26, 2009
My daughter has been at Cedar since it opened and has had great success there, my son had Mrs. America for 4th grade and I am so blessed to have had her as his teacher.

Posted June 04, 2008
We have been in this school system for only one year. Our 8 yr old son was in Mrs. Inmons third grade class. Our son has ADHD and at times was very challenging but she did a wonderful job with him. She was patient and encouraging. She never gave up on him. She consistantly communicated with us by email and phone. Frequent contact with other staff members showed the same level of care and compassion. Just a few weeks before school was out, my stepson came to live with us. We were so blessed to have Miss Floyd as his Kindergarten teacher. This teacher is awesome. I could not imagine her doing anything other than teaching. The love she has for each of her students shows. She is very creative and pleasant. She would be any child's dream teacher. We are are so impressed with Cedar's staff and truly thankful.

Posted April 10, 2008
I am a proud parent of 2 children who have been attending Cedar since October 2007. In just a short amount of time, I have seen a tremendous change in my children. They both love Cedar and show a great interest in learning that I attribute to the staff's knowledge, patience and concern for seeing my children thrive. Each staff member, that my children have come in contact with, has left a positive lasting impression. I am in awe, daily, of the things that my children are learning and the ways in which they are doing so. Also, we experienced a family tragedy shortly after my children began attending Cedar and we were met by overwhelming support from the teachers, their peers, the principal and even their bus drivers! We have loved our experience with this school and would recommend it to any family!

Contact Information

685 Indiana 267
Avon, IN 46123

School website

Cedar Elementary School
685 Indiana 267, Avon, IN  46123
Last modified Cedar Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.