Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The only reason this school gets an Average rating is due to the inept Principal & Assistant Principal. The are completely clueless and so out of touch with what happens not only in the classroom and building but within the area of education. My children have been going to Cedar for a number of combined years and at first it was nice and everything seemed like sunshine and rainbows but as the years have passed it seems the curtain has been gradually lifted to reveal the true administration. As a parent you talk with others that have children going there or that have gone through and 90% of those that speak up have all stated the the biggest restraint this school has is that of the lacking administration at the building. The failure to support Teachers in and out of the classrooms is down right disturbing. During meetings or casual chatter, the matter of support has been brought up and the extent of this so-called backing is quite pathetic. Teachers put in their own time and money to empower these children to succeed but are grossly restrained by those that call themselves leaders. Also, if you go to the Administrators and ask for assistance or even explanations you are treated as if you are an inconvenience to them. They only reason that this school would be considered great would be the Teacher and Support Staff! Day in and day out they strive to be the best only to be knocked down by the ones that claim to be there for the Teachers. Though I'm sure the working conditions under this Administration are comparable to cleaning out garbage trucks, the Teachers make the best of their surroundings and excel at anything thats thrown at them. The only thing this Administration has done correctly is that they hired some of the best Teachers out there only to ride their coattails to success. To give you an idea of the difference in character between Teachers & Administrators, every morning I drop off our children at the curb for the start of school. Both the Principals are out there as well as numerous Teachers and the only ones waving are the Teachers. The others have their resting b*tch faces on. If your child is perfect and makes perfect grades then your child is welcomed by the Administrators but if not then they don't care because its just another kid dragging their schools rating down. Heaven forbid you help the students and the Teachers grow.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The Teachers and Support Staff are the ones that make this school a Five Star School.

Develops character: Neutral

I'm neutral because discipline is non-existent at this school. The hands of the Teachers are tied as they are not able to properly discipline the students. Fairness is not a term that is known to this Administration. If your kids excel then they are praised and promoted but if they need help then they are forced through the system and end up being someone else's problem.

My daughter goes to Cedar Elementary and is currently enrolled in Kindergarten. Her class has changed teachers midway through due to a maternity leave which is great for the previous teacher but can be difficult for the students and even the substitute teacher. The process of changing teachers was initially hard to swallow for my daughter, but the steps the administrators and both teachers have taken to prepare the class have helped. I must applaud the Principal for keeping the same substitute throughout the remainder of the year rather than changing daily. Though I was concerned that this change would affect my child's education, I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. My daughter enjoys her class just as much, if not more, than before! The school itself and the remaining staff are all friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs and their working environments. Avon is a great community that supports themselves through their phenomenal schools and staff. Great Work Cedar!

My son went to Cedar for 2 years, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. Kevin Gray is a fabulous principal and is very fair and down to earth. The teachers (for the most part) are very kind and seem to truly enjoy teaching children. The academics are above average, and children are encouraged to go above and beyond and challenge themselves. The office staff are polite, the nurse is excellent, and the special services such as speech are superior to other schools my son attended prior to Cedar. I'm very grateful for the quality of education my son received while at Cedar.

My daughter went her for 2 years before starting at the Intermediate School East. Her test scores have always been in the 99 percentile and she was placed in all higher ability classes. I believe she has been challenged and has had more growth in the Avon Schools than she would have if placed inproviate schools. I am very pleased with the education she is receiving in Avon.

My granddaughter goes there and I think all Avon schools are the best. Three of my grandkids are in Avon schools and they have a curiculam that promotes learning and self confidence. My own children went to Whiteland Schools and they were okay but I can see such a difference in how my grandkids are taught. Go Cedar Elementary.

My daughter attends Cedar. I feel it is a great school with excellent teachers.

My daughter has been at Cedar since it opened and has had great success there, my son had Mrs. America for 4th grade and I am so blessed to have had her as his teacher.

We have been in this school system for only one year. Our 8 yr old son was in Mrs. Inmons third grade class. Our son has ADHD and at times was very challenging but she did a wonderful job with him. She was patient and encouraging. She never gave up on him. She consistantly communicated with us by email and phone. Frequent contact with other staff members showed the same level of care and compassion. Just a few weeks before school was out, my stepson came to live with us. We were so blessed to have Miss Floyd as his Kindergarten teacher. This teacher is awesome. I could not imagine her doing anything other than teaching. The love she has for each of her students shows. She is very creative and pleasant. She would be any child's dream teacher. We are are so impressed with Cedar's staff and truly thankful.

Last modified Cedar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.