Avon High School 1

Posted July 24, 2014
As someone who's attended a multitude of schools in two different states and four different cities, I must say Avon is the worst I've been to. It's not the academics that I have a problem with, it's everything else. Secondly, some of the teachers and administration are rude! They don't care about the students, just their pay check. The only teachers I know that get to know their students are the ones that get to see their students after school or multiple times a day. It's like if you only see them once a day, they're just another kid. I just don't like that. I have a family member who was bullied at Avon and the administration did nothing about it! In another situation someone wasn't bullied but the administration accused them of it! When I say I know them, I mean I'm The parents are another serious problem. They think that their kid is the best out there. I watched a fellow student be threatened by an adult on school property the other day... With the administration there. It was absolutely ridiculous. Some parents are crazy and horribly crude to many other students too. Personally I just don't like Avon very well.

Posted April 18, 2013
Avon High School is a fabulous school. The teachers connect with the kids and actually CARE about them. They push the students to excel in all areas - not just the academics. And I disagree with a previous comment about administration. The AHS administration deserve only praise for providing a safe, secure, and top-notch environment for our Avon kids. The freshman teaming concept provided a wonderful environment for both of our children. It made a large high school feel small and inviting. The Advanced Learning Center provided a place where our children could earn college credit and be pushed to excel. Parents are involved and go above and beyond to support programs. Overall, I have nothing but praise for this school. I may not have always agreed with some of the teachers, but that's okay. My kids are getting a great education and I'm proud to say that our kids go to Avon High School.

Avon High School 3

Posted September 21, 2012
Teachers are high quality but underpaid and most of the dollars go to the high level administrators and super.. No four star in 8 years, due to poor school leadership. School board poor quality and disrespect teachers by riffing them during the school day. Parents care and voluteer a lot. Need better principals a different board and better paid educators instead of overpaid administraters.

Posted July 14, 2011
Avon High School is the best school I have ever attended. There is a wide variety of classes and the band program is remarkable. Most of the teachers love their jobs and are willing to work with you. I do think the school should treat its staff better after an "incident" this past year. It has a great facility for the senior class, the Advanced Learning Center. Seniors are requried to have laptops and are given e-mails to make it easy to communicate with teachers outside of school. Also, many teachers are willingly to help students apply to colleges. A class that is highly reccommended is Personal & Family Finances.

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted November 07, 2008

Avon High School 0

Posted July 29, 2008

Avon High School 2

Posted February 29, 2008

Posted December 20, 2007

Posted November 19, 2007
The best school I've attended yet.

Avon High School
7575 E County Road 150 South, Avon, IN  46123
Last modified Avon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.