Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 24, 2016
Chris Sayles had a heart of gold and is an outstanding teacher. He truly cares about the kids and it shows in the kids success!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 24, 2016
AMS has wonderful teachers.I appreciate all the do! They take the time to make sure kids understand the material.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted February 24, 2016
The only issue I have is bullying. I realize that the administration and teachers can't be evey where but things can get out of hand before anything is done.

Posted February 24, 2016
The administration as well as the teachers all seem to care about the kids and seem to have the best interest of the kids at heart. I appreciate how well the teachers especially the learning resource teachers stay in close contact with parents.

Posted February 02, 2012
I really love the school. The sport program is absolutely wonderful and my son is straight A and wouldn't be there if it were not for outstanding teachers!! I have had two sons go through this school and have never been anything but pleased.

Avon Middle School South 2

Posted August 12, 2010
My daughter attended here, and now my son is in 8th grade. I like the principals, however I am very disappointed with the lack of support for students who may be falling behind academically. I feel the staff are overwhelmed with too many students. I also feel that there is sometimes unfair treatment of minority students because I saw that certain students would be assigned "Saturday school" for certain things, while other students doing the SAME thing would just be given a verbal warning. I do appreciate the zero tolerance for bullying, but teachers need to be more responsive earlier in the situation. The athletic department seems to play favorites though, so if you're not a buddy of one of the coaches, or if your kid isn't well-known to them, your kid won't get much playing time, or a chance to prove themselves.

Posted April 25, 2009
I HATE it there. The school has some of the stupidest rules: No hugging or hi fives. The teachers are nosy, and there is too much drama. They look at some students as if they are 3 years old. It is GREAT that they are building another one. The only thing I will miss from there is probably the clubs and my friends.

Posted April 08, 2009
My school is great! The teachers are awesome! 99% of my fellow students would agree with me.

Avon Middle School South 2

Posted June 16, 2008
Overcrowded, parent involvement is not wanted. I never knew what was going on!

Posted June 04, 2008
I go to avon middle school I think it is fine I was kind of scared at first but I got used to it the teachers are nice and help alot the kids are kind of nice but that is not what school is about so other than that I think it is fine

7199 East US Highway 36, Avon, IN  46123
Last modified Avon Middle School South is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.