Bad
Good

Posted February 02, 2012
I really love the school. The sport program is absolutely wonderful and my son is straight A and wouldn't be there if it were not for outstanding teachers!! I have had two sons go through this school and have never been anything but pleased.

Posted August 12, 2010
My daughter attended here, and now my son is in 8th grade. I like the principals, however I am very disappointed with the lack of support for students who may be falling behind academically. I feel the staff are overwhelmed with too many students. I also feel that there is sometimes unfair treatment of minority students because I saw that certain students would be assigned "Saturday school" for certain things, while other students doing the SAME thing would just be given a verbal warning. I do appreciate the zero tolerance for bullying, but teachers need to be more responsive earlier in the situation. The athletic department seems to play favorites though, so if you're not a buddy of one of the coaches, or if your kid isn't well-known to them, your kid won't get much playing time, or a chance to prove themselves.

Posted April 25, 2009
I HATE it there. The school has some of the stupidest rules: No hugging or hi fives. The teachers are nosy, and there is too much drama. They look at some students as if they are 3 years old. It is GREAT that they are building another one. The only thing I will miss from there is probably the clubs and my friends.

Posted April 08, 2009
My school is great! The teachers are awesome! 99% of my fellow students would agree with me.

Posted June 16, 2008
Overcrowded, parent involvement is not wanted. I never knew what was going on!

Posted June 04, 2008
I go to avon middle school I think it is fine I was kind of scared at first but I got used to it the teachers are nice and help alot the kids are kind of nice but that is not what school is about so other than that I think it is fine

Posted September 13, 2007
I think this school is the best school for middle school students in the state of Indiana. This school is absolutely amazing and I wouldn't change anything about it.

Posted July 14, 2007
I went to this school. It was horrible. i was so happy when i moved to brownsburg East middle school last year. I cant stand Avon. The teachers dont care if your passing they just make it harder and then the kids that cant handle the work and are failing are getting harder work. They just don't help you.

Avon Middle School South 1

Posted June 07, 2007
I am moving out of the school district. There are too many students and the teachers cannot handle the load. When I asked a teacher what my child could do to get back on track I was told that she doesn't have time to concentrate on one student. Another teacher told me to just let him fail and maybe it would teach him a lesson. The town council can't stop the growth legally and the city is just not keeping up with the growth. I did not find the administration easy to work with or at all concerned. As far as parent involvement I was never made to feel welcome to become involved in any school projects or events. When I tried to get involved with academic assistance it was to no avail. Very disappointed in School System.

Avon Middle School South 1

Posted June 07, 2007
Not happy with teacher involvement or desire to help students succeed.

7199 East US Highway 36, Avon, IN  46123
Last modified Avon Middle School South is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avon Middle School South Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top