Bad
Good

We have had our oldest just complete all of her Elementary years at Pinetree. As the reviews show, the school was awesome for a couple years. However, over the past two or three years, the school has really starting to fail its students. Class sizes are 30+ with about 5 to 7 behavioral children in each class. Therefore, the teachers are spending most of their teaching time babysitting and calming children down. Aides are no where to be found. Maybe three aides in the entire school. Due to this we sold our home and moved to Plainfield. We loved Avon and moved there because of how good the schools were at the time. We were sad that we had to move but it was best for our children. The teachers have been amazing. To bad the principle does not give them the support they need. High teacher turnover each year as a result. Sad to see when so many other Avon Schools are great. Therefore, I don't think it is a lack of funds or resources. Good luck with Pinetree!

Pine Tree is one of the most amazing schools in the community. My daughter has been attending there for 3 years and I must admit that she has grown academically. The staff are awesome and the school is consistent in keeping parents informed on any changes, udpates, or programs. I love Pine Tree and would recommend this school to anyone who is considering moving to the area.

Pine Tree is a great school. All three of my kids attended there. The school has really changed for the better with the new principal.

Curriculum is lacking, particularly literacy. Teaching methodology is outdated, and data is collected but not really used for anything. Disappointing performance in an otherwise excellent district.

I can only base my review on my child's kindergarten experience, but I find the curriculum lacking. It is much more pre-school oriented than kindergarten. Since they only have a half-day program, it is particularly frustrating that the curriculum is so full of fluff. I have spoken to parents of kindergarteners who had children attend in other Avon schools, and they are working at a much higher level. Hopefully thefirst grade teacehrs can catch these guys up.

We absolutely love Pine Tree! Education comes first in our house and Pine Tree has exceeded our expectations for our daughters' education. The PTO is great! Pine Tree goes above and beyond with all the extras too! I can't imagine my children going anywhere else.

We love Pine Tree! Our new school will be Cedar and I can only hope that it will be as good as this school has been. All the teachers that we have had here have been great, esp. Mrs. Guernsey!!! She is the best teacher at Pine Tree and we will miss her!!!!!

Last modified Pine Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.