Bad
Good

Batesville High School is a very strong school academically. They offer 3 foreign languages, Spanish and German, and are starting to offer Chinese. They offer a broad selection of elective, AP, and off campus learning options. Sports offered are football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, swimming(at local YMCA), track and field, cross country, cheerleading, dance team, soccer, and golf. Other activities include Academic Team, Key Club, Drama Club, Interact Club, Spanish Club, Set Crew, KSLA, and National Honor Society. The only bad thing is a few teachers that I don't personally like. BHS is a great school and I am proud to be a Bulldog.

I am currently a senior at Batesville High School, and I have to say that the previous comments must be disregarded. BHS offers nothing but one of the most incredible high school experiences a student could enjoy. I came into BHS 2 months into my sophomore year, and I was scared out of my socks for what people would treat me like as the new kid. But there was no need because the students and staff were all very accepting and WELCOMING, and I sure don't come from a wealthy family by any means. While much of the community is of higher social class, they treat everyone with equality and respect. When I came in I was gladly accepted into the football program, baseball, drama, show choir, and many more extracurricular activities that introduced me to many diverse students and ideas. This is not to mention the outstanding academic standards that the faculty strive to instill in each student.

In reguards to some of the previous post, ignore them. Some students do not get that the school is structured. Yes, there is dicipline. But in all my years (12) in the BCSC I have never witnessed hazing or profiling to a specific 'group' of people. The dicipline is managed at a great level and is only enforced when nessicary. I'm not sure what provoked the previous posters, but I assure you, it was not at the schools fault. The BCSC has a great area reputation. This is evident as the new law passed for students to attend any school, reguardless of district, and Batesville is suddently filling up like crazy! Also, to defend the school in its so called, 'lack of extra curriculars.' This again, is not true. The school offers pleanty of sports, clubs, and activities. It is up to the students to use these to their advantage. Thanks!

As a former student at BHS I have to say that I agree with the previous poster about almost everything that she has said, while I attended BHS I felt very UNWELCOME, mostly because my parents wallet was not as huge as the others, and because I was not part of a sports team. I have been to many other schools in the same county and I think that the whole Batesville School Corporation as a whole is really bad for this. I think that BHS does offer good classes, but I wish they would offer electives other than foods, or child development, maybe they should offer classes that would help start a career for those who can't afford to go to college. I think they also need to worry less about their sports programs and focus on teaching their students that money and popularity aren't every thing.

I am currently a senior at BHS. I have spent my whole life in the BCSC schools and have to say that I am disappointed overall. Yes, academically the school is good. What about the overall experience? The school is completely fake. The faculty is judgemental and down right rude to the students they deem as 'different.' Not to mention, they spend most of their time pushing meaningless clubs and sports on us instead of culture and theatre. Also, there are not very many electives. The thing that makes me the most angry is the ignorance. There are no cultural or sociology classes offered, there are no clubs (besides Spanish and German club) that offer a cultural experience, (I was in both and they are a joke!) and people who express themselves differently or think differently are looked down upon. Batesville High School is a joke for anyone who wants 'real.'

I attended Batesville high school and I think that since I have been back to visit, things have changed, but for the most part, bhs is a wonderful environment. There are somethings that could use some changing, but that will come with time.

Last modified Batesville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.