Bad
Good

Posted March 21, 2015
BGE is a great school! There is high morale among the staff and great school spirit with the students. There are always wonderful extra curricular activities going on, including lots of walking field trips to the local battle field to learn about history and nature. It's really a shame they don't get a higher great schools rating, because we almost didn't buy our home in this school district. My 2 children love going here and have made some life long friends. Everyone at this school is very welcoming and kind.

Posted May 01, 2014
This school is a fantastic! Moving from Chicago we had heard all kinds of advice on where to move based on school performance. I appreciate peer recommendations but when it comes to my family I feel i need to take the process a step further. So I interviewed some principals in the area before purchasing a home. The Principal who was readily available ended up being the one most involved with the school, it is important to me that my kids interact with the leader of their school as well as their teachers. BGE's Principle may be one of the most compassionate/ caring individuals I have seen in a public school! Kudos BGE

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter's Principal, Mr. Pearl is one of the most caring people I know & I'm amazed that he knows each one of the student's names. I like that there are positive statements hanging from the ceiling in all of the halls.

Posted May 08, 2013
We moved to Battle Ground, IN from Colorado four years ago. Our two children attended BGE and received an extraordinary education. We owe their success to the outstanding dedication and commitment of Principal John Pearl and BGE faculty and staff. There are several intangibles which impact a child's education beyond mere test scores. BGE emphasizes success in academics as well as personal behavior toward others. Students learn how to treat each with kindness, compassion and respect which are skills they can use for a lifetime.

Battle Ground Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
I cannot say whether this school provides a good education or not. It may for many children. It was not a good experience for our family. I am a parent who often questions my children as to what may cause a situation. I do not just assume they are always right and question any authority that says otherwise. However, both of my children's grades were not good because of a bullying issue. They were A/B students at a 4-star school in Indiana, but grades dropped tremendously for them at Battle Ground. Incidents of choking and taunting combined with a classroom size of 30+ students created a poor environment for them. My children gave up trying to report the incidents as playground monitors ignored them and the teacher didn't have time to listen to them with so many students in the class. After multiple attempts at trying to work things out to improve the situation, we made the decision to change schools. I am not aware of any disciplinary actions taken in response to the bullying incidents other than talking to the students. My children are now in an an environment where they once again feel comfortable at school. They enjoy learning again and their grades reflect as such.

Posted March 06, 2013
Battle Ground Elementary is an exceptional school. Principal John Pearl is an exemplary leader of staff, teachers and students. He leads by example. The learning environment is wonderful and the scholastic achievements above par. Bravo!

Posted September 21, 2012
I have a son and daughter attending BGE. Both my children love the school, their teachers, and Mr. Pearl. My wife and I chose to live in Battle Ground because of the school's reputation in the community. We are very pleased. The staff really do care about the children. The teachers do a good job communicating their concerns in a timely manner so that you can help your child improve and achieve.

Posted January 22, 2011
I have worked in many capacities throughout Tippecanoe School Corporation. Battle Ground Elementary far exceeds the other schools where I've been involved. I believe the excellence starts at the top with the principal and filters down through the staff. The students are blessed to have such a wonderful school.

Battle Ground Elementary School

Posted March 21, 2010
The principal of BGE is wonderful. He cares about his students and their families. The school has an excellent quality of teachers and parent involvement. There is a friendly atmosphere through out the school from the secretary to the lunch lady. They have wonderful programs and belief in individuality.

Posted January 06, 2010
I think this school is grate my little boy love this school and love to go to school every day. I think it is because of his friends he has made and the teachers. Think all of you at the school for making school fun for my son.

Battle Ground Elementary School
303 Main Street, Battle Ground, IN  47920
Last modified Battle Ground Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.