PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Several years ago, we transitioned our daughters from a public school to Holy Name. At the time, they were beginning first and seventh grade. Our younger daughter has special needs (i.e., Down syndrome) and is fully capable of thriving in a general education classroom. The administration welcomed our daughter with open arms! As a team (principal, first grade teacher, special education resource, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, director of special education from Beech Grove, us), we developed our daughter's ISP (Individual Service Plan). The teachers and staff are receptive to hearing our concerns and working with us to resolve any issues. They are a WONDERFUL blessing!! Our older daughter had a difficult time as a group of her peers (who shared similar interests, personalities, etc.) previously formed a "pack" and would not "accept" new friends at the school. As a parent, this experience was extremely disheartening! The administration tried to intervene, to no avail. We are so very proud of our daughter for her tenacity and perseverance exhibited during those two years. Honestly, we don't believe this unfortunate experience with our older daughter was a reflection of the school. Teenage girls are a whole different breed! However, we don't recommend changing schools at this age. Our older daughter thrived in the public school and she had a lot of close friends. We were just trying to prepare her for a particular private high school, which back-fired because she didn't want to be around the girls who brought her so much pain. We didn't blame her! Overall, we LOVE Holy Name School including the staff, teachers, and families!! No perfect school exists, but we are grateful to have the opportunity to love, worship, and celebrate our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

This is my families first year at Holy Name and we have LOVED the move. Taking my family from public school was a small transition but the kids handled it very. The entire staff is wonderful, it has been a breath of fresh air to find a school that is focused more on the kids than strictly test scores. Teachers are willing to go the extra mile to help all students. There is definitely a feeling of faith, family, and community here, and a welcoming atmosphere. My family is not Catholic and we are minoritu family and we have been welcomed with open arms. I would highly recommend Holy Name to any patents looking for a higher elementary and middle school education for their children.

My grand-daughter attends Holy Name pre-K. With the excellent teaching staff, and small class size she is learning so much. The children, at all grade levels, are respectful of each other and their surroundings. The teaching staff know each child and are protective of all the students. I thank God, for the opportunity to send my precious grand-daughter, to this wonderful school.

This school has been there for my family and i love this school so very much. They have all these kids, families, and staff there that makes you feel very welcomed in every single way. There mission statement today states: Using Christ as our model, we strive daily to enhance the growth of each person. In His way, we develop life-long learners who are committed to knowing, loving, and serving God. Holy Name school has done that so. They made me a better person and I'm grateful for that. I just wanted to say Thank You All Very Much! Peace with all of you.

My children have been attending Holy Name Catholic School for 4 years now and we couldn't be more pleased with how they have excelled. The Holy Name staff is so committed to teaching and helping shape the young lives of each child. Parents are welcome and encouraged to come in anytime as well as to help out; it is a true "Open Door" policy! HNCS is the best!!!

My husband and I had the choice of many great schools to choose from in deciding where we were going to send our 3 school age children all of them within 10 minutes of our home but after visiting Holy Name School, which is a 25 minute drive for us, we decided this was the best school overall for our children. And we have never regretted that decision. When I walk into Holy Name School, as a parent, I am blown away by the joy I see on the teachers and students faces. They genuinely want to be there and sadly, I don t see that very often in other schools. All 3 of my school age children have excelled at Holy Name, not only academically, but socially and spiritually and they were able to do that because they had school support. I love Holy Name! I cannot imagine my children going anywhere else.

I have two children enrolled at Holy Name School. My oldest child has been in both public and other private schools, however none compare to Holy Name. It's a wonderful feeling knowing that when I drop my children off at school they will be learning to grow academically and spiritually in a very warm, welcoming atmosphere. My family feels very blessed to be a part of the Holy Name School and Family!

Holy Name is a wonderful school. My daughter transferred to HNS this year and feels more at home than she ever has anywhere else. The students and faculty are so kind, loving, and accepting. Every day offers my child the opportunity of learning spiritually, emotionally, and academically. I cannot thank HNCS enough for opening their arms and hearts to our daughter and family.

We transferred our children from public schools to Holy Name Catholic School last year and we couldn't be happier! Not only are they thriving acedemically but also spiritually.. It's the best decision we've ever made.

I have 3 children that attend Holy Name Catholic School. The teachers and staff are wonderful and truly care about the children. Parents feel very welcome at all times and are encouraged to be as involved as they would like to be. There is nothing more important to a parent than feeling very comfortable as to where they are leaving there children each and every day. My family is truly blessed to be a part of HNCS!

Last modified Holy Name Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8