PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

The teachers at MCH give so much one on one attention to each student. The teachers know the kids, know their strengths, know their learning styles. In true Montessori fashion, the children are met where they are academically, and are challenged appropriately, regardless of age. The tradeoff is, when the teachers are working with individual students, the other kids are left on their own. The kids are too young to handle this level of independence and often use the time poorly, bullying and picking on each other. We have been very surprised at the amount of bullying our child has received, and sadly learned to inflict on others. If your child needs quiet and structure to work, his own space, etc, this is not the environment for them. With the transition of ownership, it appears MCH has lost a great deal of focus. The new owner is a business owner and parent, not an educator. During both summer camp and the school year, many ideas that were presented to us in orientation have NOT been followed through. Summer camp was simply daycare. We are very disappointed and will not be returning next year. It will take a while to undo the negative things he has learned at MCH.

My daughter is in the Children's Garden. She started as a 2 year old. She wasn't potty trained, but mentally was really ready for more instruction and opportunities to learn. At this age, the jobs focus on dexterity, empathy, shapes, colors, numbers, sharing, etc. They change the jobs fairly often so the kids are constantly trying new things. Everyday she comes home and tells me she had fun learning and there is absolutely no drama at drop off. Her vocabulary continues to improve, especially through the use of songs and jobs. I love that the teachers write down what she's been working on, what she ate, when she napped, and what supplies she needs. I use the before and after school care because of my job. I couldn't be happier with the education and care my daughter receives here.

terrible management, way too many kids vs. too few teachers, lax displince and extreme favoratism towards the teachers/owners children. we had a terrible experience here.

My child has accomplished more in two months at Montessori Children's House than he did in two years at his previous school. His reading and math skills have improved dramatically, and he has also developed a sense of pride in his work. I credit the dedicated and creative teachers at the Montessori Children's House with the positive changes I have seen in my child!

I have had my two sons enrolled there now for two years, and they are both doing very well. The teachers are happy to work with children at whatever level they are comfortable; so now my elder son is learning to read and also doing algebra at age 7.

Last modified Montessori Children's House is a Private school that serves grades PK-6