Posted March 20, 2014
Both of our children have gone to Childs, and we have been thrilled. It's a warm, caring environment, and they received an excellent education. The principal and teachers truly care about the students, and it creates a very comfortable learning environment.

Posted August 22, 2013
Child's Elementary is one of those rare schools that is able to maintain a family friendly place while being a number one rated scholastic school. The teachers are top rate and truly care about the kids and their growth.

Posted August 20, 2013
Warm and caring school with very effective teaching. The neighborhood feel and walking area to school and surrounding parks is a dream. Teachers and administration are closely connected to the students and truly care about individual success.

Childs Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2012
Our kids attended Childs. There is nothing special about Childs. Some great teachers, some atrocious teachers. It consistently gets high marks because it is in the highest socioeconomic area of Bloomington. Give this principal and group of teachers a lower ses group of students and you'd have a failing school. Plain and simple.

Posted July 04, 2009
Amazing, I would not send my child anywhere else.

Posted March 14, 2009
A truly awesome school. The teachers welcomed my child and made her feel at home. My child consistently scores well in tests. Great school, great family area to live.

Posted March 27, 2008

Childs Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2004

Posted September 27, 2004
I have just moved to the Bloomington area and have nothing but great things to say about Childs Elementary. I have two girls, grades fourth and second, who love school. With there other school they were very unhappy and very bored. Childs Elementary has so much to offer my girls. I feel that my husband and I have made the right choice. This is the first year that I feel my girls are being challenged.

Childs Elementary School
2211 South High Street, Bloomington, IN  47401
Last modified Childs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Childs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.