Bad
Good

Grandview Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2015
After a few years of experience with multiple children, I will be leaving with a bad taste in my mouth. Pros: The administration is great. They are friendly, even though the office is constantly busy. The music teacher is fantastic. She is very good with children. What I have not liked is the overall lack of professionalism and communication from the teachers. In the last few years, I have not received one phone call from any of my children's teachers, even though there have been numerous issues that could have been resolved with a quick phone call. When issues have been brought to my attention, I was very disappointed in the arrogant attitude from the teachers. I heard similar complaints from a relative which makes me feel like it is a school wide problem. There should be a teamwork mentality, not a "I know better than you" mentality. It is unprofessional to blame the parents for every problem happening inside the classroom, instead of problem solving, using school resources, or calling for a parent conference. We are all on the same team.

Posted June 15, 2013
This is an amazing school. The statistics cannot show the dedication the teachers and staff have at this school. I 13 years of cumulative experience with this school, and we cannot say enough good things about it. The music program is outstanding, as is the art program. The special ed teachers remarkable. I feel like everyone has gone above and beyond to develop the kids at this school. The operate with class and integrity, with Ms. Albright leading the charge. She is a wonderful principal. Each of my kids (3 attended/attending) here has done so happily and fulfilled. My oldest is now in MIddle school and was well prepared for the transition. Congratulations to all the teachers and staff there! My only disappointment is parent involvement. The PTO is a wonderful group of parents, but, it is 5% of the parent population doing all the work, and more parents should step up to boost this school's PTO efforts.

Posted December 16, 2012
this school is amazing and 5 stars ant describe it kids have fun whie they are learning and you can tell your teacher anything

Posted February 13, 2011
I went to this school when I was younger and I absolutely love it. If it wasnt for them I wouldn't be who I am today so I want to thank all my teachers that stand by their students to make sure they sucessed.

Posted May 02, 2010
It is a very uplifting group of people who are trying to do what it takes to improve every students chance of success.

Posted April 30, 2010
Everyone at this school is dedicated and hardworking--students, parents, faculty, and staff.

Posted April 30, 2010
We have a caring support staff as well as caring Teachers and administrators. Everyone is great to work with. The children are great at our school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Our kids are GRRREAT at Grandview! The tiger is our mascot.

Grandview Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2009
I loved how great and friendly the teachers and staff were, but I was incredible disappointed when I saw how the school rated academically.

Posted August 26, 2003
I have had 2 children at Grandview. One is still there and the other has moved on to middle school.I have to say that Grandview is a terrific school.They helped prepare my daughter for 7th grade.The teachers there go out of their way to let you know how your child is doing.They will call you after school hours our have you call them.They really keep the parent involved in their childs education! Keep up the great work Grandview.

2300 South Endwright Road, Bloomington, IN  47403
Last modified Grandview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.