Posted October 25, 2013
Lakeview school is a great school. I have attended several of my grandchildren's school programs and have found the staff works so well together to make the very best learning environment and go the extra mile for their students. The students all seem very proud of their school and teachers.

Posted March 23, 2013
All three of my children have attended Lakeview, and my youngest is currently in 5th grade. I would not even consider sending my child to any other school, so when we had to move north of Bloomington, I made the choice to drive my son everyday to school. In one year, they helped my son go from below average in math, to a 5th grade level (and this was when he was in 3rd grade). The teachers and staff are amazing and I wish more schools would take an interest in their students the way Lakeview does. I will be sad when my son leaves this school for Jr. High because I will miss the family atmosphere that they have. Keep up the great work Lakeview!

Posted March 16, 2012
i can't imagine sending my children anywhere else. The key to this school is the leadership. Great leadership encourages parent involvement and work environment which fosters talented teachers. Since we have had a change in leadership our standardized test scores have improved helping us to achieve a 4 star school status with the state.

Posted October 26, 2009
Lakeview is a wonderful school. We recently moved from a neighboring school district (RBBCSC) due partially to our concern about the strength of the curriculum. Lakeview teachers and adminisrators care deeply about the kids, standards of achievement are high, and parents are super-involved. All core subjects are addressed at every level, including science, and differentiation is incorporated well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 15, 2008
This is a great school. Awesome PTO, great teachers and wonderful students.

Posted August 11, 2008

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2008

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2008
My kids are in this school and they did no science at all before winter break! There are some nice things about the school but the no science is a deal breaker! I'm moving out of this sistrict!

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2007
My son started attending here in december o6'. Since then he says he does have a great time and seems to be much happier than what he was at clear creek.Thumbs up for ms.Makurat. The only down side i have seen is that [he] is bringing home a ton of work and he is only 6 (1st grade)?

Posted February 20, 2005

Contact Information

9090 South Strain Ridge Road
Bloomington, IN 47401

School website

Lakeview Elementary School
9090 South Strain Ridge Road, Bloomington, IN  47401
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.