Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 28, 2016
We have been extremely pleased with Lakeview Elementary. Two of our children attended there ... The youngest just finished 6th grade. Great teachers ... Committed professionals who make learning fun! A wonderful school community with very involved parents too. Really one of the best in MCCSC.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 28, 2016
The teachers are amazing! Not a bad one in the bunch (which can't be said of most schools). Very dedicated and caring professionals.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
The students respect themselves and each other. This is most definitely modeled by the faculty too.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
I pretty much covered this in my last comment ... They definitely do this at Lakeview!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 28, 2016
They care not only about the students academic progress, but also foster kindness, integrity, doing ones best, and other important life skills. Bullying of any sort is not tolerated. The students truly feel part of a community and care about one another and their school.

Posted October 25, 2013
Lakeview school is a great school. I have attended several of my grandchildren's school programs and have found the staff works so well together to make the very best learning environment and go the extra mile for their students. The students all seem very proud of their school and teachers.

Posted March 23, 2013
All three of my children have attended Lakeview, and my youngest is currently in 5th grade. I would not even consider sending my child to any other school, so when we had to move north of Bloomington, I made the choice to drive my son everyday to school. In one year, they helped my son go from below average in math, to a 5th grade level (and this was when he was in 3rd grade). The teachers and staff are amazing and I wish more schools would take an interest in their students the way Lakeview does. I will be sad when my son leaves this school for Jr. High because I will miss the family atmosphere that they have. Keep up the great work Lakeview!

Posted March 16, 2012
i can't imagine sending my children anywhere else. The key to this school is the leadership. Great leadership encourages parent involvement and work environment which fosters talented teachers. Since we have had a change in leadership our standardized test scores have improved helping us to achieve a 4 star school status with the state.

Posted October 26, 2009
Lakeview is a wonderful school. We recently moved from a neighboring school district (RBBCSC) due partially to our concern about the strength of the curriculum. Lakeview teachers and adminisrators care deeply about the kids, standards of achievement are high, and parents are super-involved. All core subjects are addressed at every level, including science, and differentiation is incorporated well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 15, 2008
This is a great school. Awesome PTO, great teachers and wonderful students.

9090 South Strain Ridge Road, Bloomington, IN  47401
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.