Bloomington, IN
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 02, 2015
Haven't witnessed an "outstanding" teacher yet; they seem to do their jobs, follow the standards, ect. like they're expected to I suppose.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 02, 2015
My son quit doing his math "homework" because it was never checked or collected; similar to other classes. At the 7th-8th grade level, students should be preparing for the higher grades by doing at least a little homework during the week.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Teachers hand out the work and the kids do it if they want. I've seen little significant feedback on important assignments. Little for the kids to strive for.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Bullying is a problem; there is a significant lack of a balanced economical-social-racial diversity adds to this.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 02, 2015
No special commitment on the part of the school concerning this as far as I've seen.

Jackson Creek Middle School 3

Posted August 02, 2015
This school has been a huge disappointment; it isn't all that people say it is. Building is nice, state of the art feel, ect., but overall I've been disappointed in this school. If you aren't already "in the know," then it is difficult to get or stay in the loop; the communication is sub-par at best. What responses I've gotten from the Principal have been short, curt, and rude. Their are a few great administrators, the counselor and receptionists for example. My son is bored, the lessons bear little creativity as far as I have seen in the year we've been here. Kids get little, if any, opportunity to express their strengths, creativity, and individualism. If they aren't good at sports, they'll be overlooked in a heartbeat. I expected more from JCMS, in fact we bought our house in this district because I heard it was a "top notch" school. Should have saved money on the house and explored other schools.

Jackson Creek Middle School 1

Posted March 14, 2015
Our child had so many problems in this school that I don't know where to even start. First I should say that our child was in ALPS program and has never had problems while in elementary school. In fact, she was an exemplary student. However, after she arrived to JCMS not only did she have problems with the students who bullied her in this school but the principal failed to deal with this appropriately. We ended up leaving the school and are very glad that we did. Our child regained self-confidence, completed her schooling and also completed two high school courses on line. She was accepted into several prestigious private, charter and public schools around the country. A minority of teachers in this school are positive, hard-working and progressive. But, the worst of all is the principal Pillar. He is constantly on social media updating his twitter, instagram and Facebook accounts. JCMS is well known for bullying problems and it has gotten worst since principal Pillar took over. Avoid this school!

Posted May 01, 2014
Jackson Creek Middle School has a wonderful faculty and staff that genuinely care about all their students. They make learning interesting and fun while including activities throughout the year that encourage school spirit and bonding. The middle school years can be difficult ones but my kids never complained about school-in fact loved attending. They left ready and excited for high school.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is a great school. The teachers and principals are amazing people and the curriculum is fantastic! This school teaches very well and is very orderly. The teachers are friendly and interact with the students constantly! I love everything about this school!

Posted October 22, 2013
Jackson Creek is an outstanding school led by an awesome leader, Mr. Pillar. It is obvious from the moment you step in, see the building, and meet the staff and teachers, that they have a great admiration for Mr. Pillar and care about their students and the building. All will go out of their way to help a student achieve success, and the teachers are to be commended for the care shown to students and the time they put in to their work.

3980 South Sare Road, Bloomington, IN  47401
Last modified Jackson Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Creek Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top