Saint Charles Boromeo School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
Our son will enter kindergarten next year--we love their kindergarten teachers and feel that he will be very loved, respected, cared for, treasured and trusted next year. We are so thankful that Saint Charles is accepting School Choice vouchers--we wouldn't want to send our kids anywhere else.

Posted November 07, 2011
We chose St. Charles School for our children 10 years ago, starting with preschool, mainly because we valued a Catholic faith based education. We have since learned that there is so much more that makes it the outstanding school that it is. The teachers ensure the students are learning the essentials, as proven by excellent test scores, but also provide a setting that is safe, respectful, disciplined and encouraging of students to do their best. The leadership, our principle and priest, are visible and take a sincere interest in the students success both in the classroom and beyond. We have amazing extracurricular academic, art, music and sports programs that reflect the passion of the teachers and volunteer parents that lead them. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in various ways throughout the year. Finally, there is an amazing sense of community among the students, teachers, leadership, support staff and parents to make St. Charles School the excellent school that it is.

Posted October 13, 2011
I have 3 children currently enrolled at St. Charles School. I must say that I couldn't be happier! Academically, I believe the school is by far the best in our city. Our test scores are always rank among the highest in the state. I believe the teachers truly are invested in each and every student and take great care to provide the best education for them. I have seen such genuine attention to the students from how they are performing academically to how they behave and respect others. I regularly volunteer in the school and I can tell you that the students in the school are fantastic, upstanding kids - great respect for teachers, other students etc. I could not be more pleased with what I am seeing in the hallways at St. Charles. We have a very hands on/ visible principal, Mr. Alec Mayer. He is always available to parents and students and I believe he is constantly evaluating and trying to make our school the safest and best school in our area. I see him our hallways, monitoring the students and checking in with teachers. When I was in school I don't ever remember seeing the principal out of his office! I only wish St. Charles had a high school!

Posted October 11, 2011
My two children graduated from St. Charles Borromeo, the youngest in the 2010-2011 school year. Without a doubt, it was the best desision my husband and I ever made regarding the education of our children. It was a financial sacrifice we happily made, for the quality of the education and moral atmoshphere could not compare to anything the public school system could offer. The teachers are hard working, dedicated and truly care about the success of each child. My children received a top level education, life long friends and strong moral values. We are grateful for St. Charles School.

Posted October 11, 2011
I can't say enought good things about St. Charles. Both of my children have been there since they were 3 years old and I would not change a thing. They help embrace the same values we have in our home like respect, thoughtfulness, and faith. The teachers are amazing and always go above and beyond their responsiblities, especially in the middle school, where the demands of academics increases to ensure they succeed in their future goals. My children are more organized and have amazing study habits due to the hard work of our faculty. Thank you St Charles!

Posted October 10, 2011
St. Charles School has made a positive impact in my children's lives. My son graduated from St. Charles a year ago and tells me that St. Charles prepared him well for high school. The school program is academically challenging and the students genuinely care about each other. The teachers instill a sense of pride for their school and community. Students give back to the community through various age-appropriate service projects. In response to a past post: the CURRENT sixth grade teachers do a great job of bridging the gap between elementary and middle school both academically and socially.

Posted July 11, 2011
St. Charles is an unbelievably wonderful school. I went there for only 2 years (my 7th and 8th grade year) and I absolutely loved it. Everyone makes you feel at home and like you're family. The teachers are amazing and very helpful. They will stay with you well after school and will come early for you to help until you understand everything they are teaching. I am a sophomore in high school now and I am earning abouta 3.8 GPA. I am also taking 3 Honors classes. The sports programs there are good, especially Cross Country and Track. I would recommend this school in a heartbeat to anyone that wants above and beyond education, quality teachers, and a family you will never, ever forget.

Saint Charles Boromeo School 3

Posted January 12, 2011
After attending St. Charles for 3 years, I think it is a pretty good school. I now attend a Catholic school in Oregon and I think that my new school is far better in the core subjects but St Charles was much better in foreign language, religion, and all specialist classes (music, art, etc) 6th grade was an EXTREMELY HORRIBLE experience personally because of certain staff members but 7th grade on an academic standpoint was pretty good. Also- just for fair warning, St Charles has a little bit of a bullying issue so keep that in mind. :) Good school (but I am slightly glad I am out)

Posted April 21, 2010
Our children have been throught the daycare, pre-school and K-8. We love St. Charles! Amazing teachers and a great community.

Posted February 24, 2010
I have been attending St. Charles for four years. I came from another Catholic school before and St. Charles is far better. The classes are all taught by amazing people and you get a lot of support. I love St. Charles and am getting good grades due to the above-and-beyond teachers. I would never want to go anywhere else!

Saint Charles Boromeo School
2224 East 3rd Street, Bloomington, IN  47401
Last modified Saint Charles Boromeo School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saint Charles Boromeo School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.