Bad
Good

Brownsburg West Middle School. My child moved into this school last year from being in a private school since preschool. She said to me one day that she feels BWMS teachers have better control over the students than the private school. There seems to be a no tolerance policy which gives the teacher a greater opportunity to focus on those students that are there to learn. Brownsburg increased it's ISTEP scores making them one of the most desirable school systems in the state of Indiana.

I have had three children go through this school (one still there). It is fantastic. Everyone from the Principal, the Dean, the counselors, teachers and school nurse are wonderful. I have one child with pretty severe ADHD and they have done a great job at helping us help him.

We have enjoyed BWMS for the past 3 years. My son has enjoyed his high ability classes, the chance to take Chinese, and get involved in choir. The activities available for all grade levels give the kids a chance to hang out after school. I do wish the principal was more involved in ensuring grades were entered timely by the teachers, but other than that, I really cannot complain. My son is excelling and blows the standardized tests out of the water.

I love the school students are great and they teach great as well school turn into most of the time but when to learn this where to go :)

We moved from Florida to Indiana 3 years ago. One of my kids has learning disabilities and she was so behind. Now 3 years later, she is almost at the proper grade level, thanks to BWMS. They have excellent programs for the children and the teachers are excellent! I rate this school a five start school.

The academics in my school are fine- the teachers usually have a great lesson plan prepared (well, most) and class is semi-enjoyable (as enjoyable as school can be). But after 2 1/2 years at this school, I have to say that the principal/vice-principal/dean relationship with the students is ridiculous. The OLWEUS bullying program is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of, and yet we are continually forced to 'learn' about it in homeroom, of all classes.

The academic dean at this school is very rude to parents. She often talks down to us as if we are too stupid to understand the rules of 'her' school. In my few experiences with her, it is as if she thinks that because I am a minority, she has to overexplain, so as to avoid further issue. Her condescension is becoming the issue. I can't imagine my other children going through this school if she is still the dean.

Last modified Brownsburg West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.