Brownsburg, IN

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2014
The anti bullying law is a joke in this school. My daughter was harassed, bullied, cyber bullied for 6 months. The child never got in trouble, she left her notes, passed notes about my daughter, threatened to punch her in the face,sent text messages and kick messages to her. The principle NEVER sends a note home telling us parents that their is a problem. The only way a parent knows is if our child tells us about it. Bullies do not tell their parents when they are brought to the office. Without a parent knowing how is the child suppose to change? The principle and the teacher mocked my daughter when she would tell them what was going on. TO BE CONTINUED ON NEXT REVIEW

Posted April 22, 2014
My school is conscious of servicing not only students who attend the building, but the families and community as well. Brown Elementary sets the bar when it comes to reaching out to families in need and making adjustments, as needed, for all students. Every child should have the opportunity to attend a school like Brown. From the minute you enter the school doors, you are greeted by smiling faces everywhere. The front office staff is friendly and outgoing and knows not only each and every child who attends school in the building, but their adults as well. The teachers and staff are warm and caring. They attend outside functions for their students, take time to make phone calls just to check in with parents, and set up community awareness functions for fundraisers for both our school and important causes that affect all of us. My son has had such an amazing 3 years at this school. He has learned things and grown to heights I didn't know were possible. He is a very strong student, but he has learned many character lessons along his path as well that have helped mold him into a productive citizen of the school system. I think Brown Elementary should be highly commended.

Posted April 17, 2014
The teachers at Brown Elementary go above & beyond. From providing my daughter with extra help in math to encouraging my son reach his full potential, the teachers are incredible. In addition, the principal & office staff are both caring and humorous and make Brown a super welcoming place to visit!!!

Posted January 24, 2014
We just moved to the area and the school is awesome. I really love the teachers!

Posted August 23, 2013
From the moment you walk into Brown Elementary, you are greeted with a smile! The camaraderie between the staff, parents and students is awesome! The positive environment lays a good foundation for great academics, which you will find at Brown Elementary!

Posted August 22, 2013
Brown Elementary is an amazing school. The staff is dedicated and the morale seems higher than it's ever been. (I've had a student here since 2005) I believe that translates to an excellent learning environment. Students at all levels and abilities are getting the attention they need to improve and grow. Parent involvement is high this year and encouraged by the staff. While budget cuts are affecting the district in many ways, the administration has prioritized the student-teacher ratio and the class sizes remain small (about 20 students in a class). The principal is always open to parents, staff and students alike. Her practical yet outgoing personality and management style are setting a good tone throughout the building.

Posted August 22, 2013
I personally could not be happier with my school. I love the teachers, the principal and th support staff. I feel they work together and seem to have the kids best interest at heart. I love that we have the life skills program at brown elementary and what it gets to teach my daughter about helping those kids with special needs. I can not imagine my daughter getting a better education anywhere else.

Posted August 22, 2013
Brown Elementary is outstanding in not only in the academics that it teaches to it's students but also in how personable everyone in the building is to one another! This is everyone, custodial staff, cafeteria ladies, teachers, office staff, principal...everyone! I am happy to be a part of a wonderful school where my children learn and grow academically on a daily basis! We LOVE Brown Elementary!

Posted October 03, 2012
The most amazing and caring place for children. Fabulous teachers and great leadership! I cannot say enough good things about this school. You WANT your child here.

Posted March 14, 2012
My son began Brown in the 2nd grade. We have been nothing but pleased. He is now in 8th grade and in high ability classes at West Middle. My daughter began kindergarten at Brown this year. She is already reading and is off the charts on the standards tests. I atrribute this to the teachers and wonderful support. I email with her teacher frequently to keep in touch. Both of my kids absolutely love Brown, as do my husband and I. We have a new principal this year and she is all about the kids. The PSG is wonderful and allows parents to be very active in the children's learning.

Brown Elementary School
340 Stadium Drive, Brownsburg, IN  46112
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top