Bad
Good

Brownsburg East has made my son go from happy and confident to so stress out he is suffering physically. The amount of injuries in the school are high and they are not reported. There was a sexting scandal last year nobody heard about because they sweep things under rugs and deny deny deny!!! The number of kids that went into this school normal and left in pieces due to the stress is unbelievable.

BEMS is a pain. Kids left stressed, nonsense work/test. Teachers do not put in much effort into our work they give us. Students moan & sigh & they ask why? The teachers answers are "I didn't make these". It shows that they don't have much knowledge either. Opinions from students are noticeably ignored. The teachers have the "right answers" so your knowledge of the topic is changed. Writing a essay & getting a low score because of that reason. Getting in trouble in this school is ridiculous. We have been in trouble a lot & I, myself have probably the most ridiculously reasons why I've been in trouble. I study & listen closely as the assistance principle reads out loud & type the words into power school for future notice. They add in lies & that makes the whole story even more (-).. Cafeteria lunch is extremely greasy & unhealthy. Gym teachers are lazy giving us activities used in the past that does not improve our bodies. They don't care who you are or how you feel or how you think. I always hope students grow up being positive & bright. If your kid is acting strange, please do something. A negative attitude will lead your kid into being hurt forever.

The experience my children encountered at Brownsburg East turned into a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, Brownsburg has excellent schools! Just not this one! If the school board would clean up the administration, some teachers and definitely an assistant principal that school would be significantly improved! In my case my 6th grader had no education plan, had panic attacks and just did not want to go, in way of getting sick from crying in such a severe manner. My 8th grader was didn't mind it but he's happy to be in HS. My now 7th grader is in a private school thriving. My advice-if your child is attending East make sure to watch and listen to your child. Also, I wouldn't "test" or stand up for your child to any assistant principal or administration... they will seek retaliation or ignore what you are telling them. Good Luck.

Be careful. If your child has any discipline they will try to force him or her into Special Ed. Teachers are great (for the most part) - adminstrators are the worst. Ratings will decrease.

My child is a 7th grade student a Brownsburg Middle School East. I am extemely pleased with my daughter's education. Communication with the teachers and principal is excellent. I believe that my child's educational needs are being met, as well as, staff members are assisting me in developing a well-rounded and educated citizen.

Great School, very fun, high test scores, and great teachers!

My child goes to this school and I think they do everything to help her learn!! :D

BEMS is a very good school. They do their personal best.

My children have attended schools in two other school districts, and this is by far the best school my children have attended. The program offered and the instructional approaches used by the teachers are top notch! I am glad that my child is challenged every day.

As in most Indiana schools, this school has no idea how to teach our children. Every day I have to teach my child things that he should have learned in school. When children don't like school, something is wrong.

Last modified Brownsburg East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.