Bad
Good

Clay Middle School has been a great place for our 2 children. They have enjoyed the exceptional music programs (both band and orchestra). Teachers have, for the most part, been challenging but nurturing. The front office personnel can be a bit unfriendly and off-putting which I have never understood. All other staff members seem to really enjoy working with this age group.

Okay. It is very focused on academic and sporting achievement while all but ignoring developing each and every students character. We have personally been disappointed in the school with our child being new this year. It is too large and impersonal for our tastes. Children who have gone through the Carmel system in elementary seem implented but new students feel very lost.

Clay Middle School, actually the entire Carmel Clay school district is one of the best schools I have seen. I have 3 children who are actually each going to elementary/middle/high school, and they love their schools. Clay Middle Schools has more rigorous academics than other schools, and with the introduction of the Core 40, it got harder. However, the teachers really do care about their student's future, and try to work with us parents about their kids. The principal is very good, and frequently visits classes and socializes with the kids. However, he is retiring so it is not clear how well the new principal will do. One thing that bugged me though was that Carmel had no diversity. It is about 87% white, 10% Asian, and 3% everything else. However, overall, an excellent school that I would recommend for anyone.

Well i berly moved to clay a month ago its okay considering I came from an IPS school. Most kids are very snotty but nice. I would recommend this school. Although some teachers just have us right down notes,get homework, and give test which is an awful was to teach and I have 2/4 teachers that do that.

Great Athletics, amazing teachers, and well planned and organized programs really help a child learn at a pace that the child can truly learn the importance of education.

It is an awesome school and I've been going to clay middle school for only one year but it is really good, and I really like it!

This school is pretty much as great as a school can get. They teach you very well. The princilple is great and the teachers arn't so bad themselfs. If you were looking for a school to go to in carmel. This would be the one.

I love this school. I am a sixth grader new to the schoool district and love it. I strongly recommend this school. Go Clay!!

Clay Middle is a very good school. We recently moved from the area, and I have done alot of research trying to find a middle school for my daughter. There is no school that even remotly compares to the Carmel Clay distric schools. we were sad to leave and hopefully evryone realizes just how lucky they are to have clay middle and carmel high school for their children!!!

Last modified Clay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.