Carmel, IN

Posted April 22, 2014
This school is outstanding. We are moving out of state and are sad to leave it. I am not sure why there are any bad comments, I have never heard anyone complain about this school. All of our teachers have been fantastic. They do a great job recognizing kids needs and making spelling and math more challenging for those kids. The GT program is also great. All the staff have been wonderful.

Posted April 17, 2014
Great School with good teachers. Prinicpal is very active and does an excellent job. PTA at this school is very involved. Am glad my kids are in this school and are getting great education

Posted December 06, 2010
CWE has everything! Great teachers,Staff,Classrooms,and an awesome office staff! I love this College Wood elementry!! :):)

College Wood Elementary School 3

Posted October 02, 2010
College Wood is a good school but is overcrowded and gives way too much homework. My daughter is in 3rd grade and does well but it is not unusual for us to spend 30 minutes to an hour a day after school on homework. There has to be a better way of educating our children. I feel like they are just worried about the test scores and wonder if my daughter is learning critical thinking. Kids should be able to be kids when they come home from school without being strapped with so much homework. They are going thru redistricting right now at this school and two others in the area because of overcrowding. So, my kids may be going to another school next year which is frustrating. You really need to consider these issues before moving to this area.

Posted March 24, 2010
The new principle is great! Very easy to communicate with. Some parents complained about the homework load. I don't have any problem at all. I think it's all depend on the kids. My boy always tells me that he's done with the homework at school. He probaly only has a couply of days a week doing the home work at home. I wish he got more homework. Otherwise, he wastes too much time on games.

Posted April 16, 2009
The school isn't over crowded. In fact, they recently opened another elementary to handle the students. All of my children attend College Wood and they are doing great in school and love College Wood.

College Wood Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2009
My recommendation is to avoid this school if at all possible. Because the classes are overcrowded, the teachers 'push' a lot of education home to the parents in the form of excessive homework. Our 4th grader often has 2 hours of homework a night. When confronted with this problem the teachers say they agree, but are just doing what they are told. A number of parents in our neighborhood are considering moving to get away from College Wood. Think carefully before you commit your child to this school.

Posted May 14, 2008
We have had an excellent experience with this school, as we have had 2 children there for 4 years and our third child there for 2 years. The current principal is retiring, and we're sad to see him go. He has been outstanding! We're sure the new principal will also do a fine job, since this is an outstanding school system. We would reccomend this school and the Carmel School District to anyone looking to move here.

College Wood Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2008
The previous poster mentioned looping. This is no longer done at CW. We've been happy overall with our experience there. Principal to parent communication has not been the best in our three years, but hopefully will improve with a new incoming principal

Posted November 22, 2004
This is an awesome school in an awesome school system. There is 'looping' between 2nd and 3rd grades and between 4th and 5th grades. I have been very happy with the way my children have learned and have grown attached to their wonderful teachers. I would recommend this school to anyone moving into the area.

College Wood Elementary School
12415 Shelborne Road, Carmel, IN  46032
Last modified College Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Wood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top