Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter had a wonderful kindergarten experience. Then in 1st grade she had a new teacher (new to city, she had a new baby, she didn't even have a home yet, she was commuting whilst living with her mom on the other side of town, then would divulge problems with moving and the new home to the children) the classroom was bland, she didn't decorate much, often left my child bored and would recommend computer games, and I did not see any improvement from kindergarten in reading or writing. She switched for math and she did very well. The new teacher was hired last minute Poor decision making on the hiring retention and administration, I believe.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My daughter regressed this last year. The teacher wanted to give her busy work. Her handwriting was worse and stories that she wrote were shorter than kindergarten.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I don't think it was fair to my daughter's class to have such an unprepared teacher. My daughter regresses this last year, sincerely.

Two of my children attended Prairie Trace. My older son transferred in in 4th grade. He needed academic support and PTE did a great job of providing it along with yearly meetings to go over goals and progress. My other son attended first grade at Prairie Trace. He received a top notch education while there in a caring environment. I especially appreciate what he learned now that we are at another school and he is clearly at least a year ahead of the curriculum being taught. I hope to return to PTE in a year or 2 and hope he will not be too far behind when he returns.

I completed my educational administration/leadership internship training at Prairie Trace Elementary School. The principal and assistant principal along with all of the other teachers and staff were so welcoming, professional, and extremely dedicated to the success of each student. The school building and surroundings itself are very warm, inviting and safe. The school's PTO is very involved in the school and continues to enhance the process of learning at Prairie Trace. I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

My child attends this school. It is a great school. They really have a lot going on for the kids. The PTO is awsome! But, On the other hand my child can not get the help he needs. He needs speech and he is on the boarder of needing it and they will not do it. But, they will be the first to offer reading or math if the student is at risk for the ISTEPS. This is probably why Carmel does well. But, they need to look at other issues.

Two of our three kids attended this school and we loved it. Communication is excellent between the teachers and parents and it has a very active PTO.

This is a fantastic elementary school. Our son attended the full K-5 at Prairie Trace. During that time, there have been the usual staff changes as people get promoted, etc. Each time, the new teacher or principal would continue the same high standards of teaching excellence in a nurturing environment. The PTO is second-to-none. Our son thoroughly enjoyed each of his teachers and he's thrived academically at Prairie Trace. I can't express enough how thoroughly satisfied we have been with the entire experience in the last 6 years.

Last modified Prairie Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.