Bad
Good

It is part of the Carmel Clay school district. The teachers, school nurse and staff are wonderful. Highly rated school.

We just moved to a different state to a top-ranked school, but as I am finding out, it can't hold a candle to Cherry Tree. As a parent I really appreciated their efforts to differentiate the kids early on in the school year. Gifted kids in math are moved up a grade (with others their same age within the grade) and separated into challenging reading groups. In addition, the Challenge Program was phenomenal - our child excelled in it and was allowed to grow at his pace. This school also has a stringent no-bullying policy which is strictly enforced and ingrained in the kids. Overall teacher quality is good- there are some exceptions but in general, very good. Parental support is VERY high at this school. Kids feel happy and appreciated here.

I am extremely disappointed in the lack of parent communication and the attitude I have received from both the teacher and AP of Cherry Tree Elementary. On meet the teacher day, the teacher announced that there was a nut allergy in the class and presented us with a list of foods and told us we could only purchase from that approved list. The list contains only sugar and chemical loaded junk food, like Oreos, chips, and Pop-Tarts. I told her I normally do not buy those items for my child and I would be happy to bring in fruit, cheese, or another snack item. She said to send in the box labels, and I did, but instead of responding to those, she sent a curt note back the first day, rejecting my snack and saying : "raisins are not on the list", but did not give me any other options for what to send the next day. I called the AP and left a voice message at 10:40, which was never returned, so this morning I called again and said that since no one was working with me on what I could bring or calling me back, I would not send him to school until someone does. The Mr English, the AP just told me he would rather me with-drawl my child than work with me on a placement solution.

Excellent academics and programs provided to help my children excel.

A perception of the new principal, as a micro-manager, has alienated a lot of parents. The entire atmosphere of this school has changed from warm and fuzzy to high tension. The newest I- Step scores for the third graders are very disappointing. I feel as if the new policy in this school is to ignore parents concerns and respond in a defensive manner when pressed. I think we have some good teachers (despite the loss of some seasoned veterans). Leadership sets the tone, and ours is off key at the moment.

Last modified Cherry Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.