Posted June 21, 2011
I have had one child graduate from this school and two others attending currently. The complaints regarding the biology teacher are accurate. I have had personal experience with this individual with all three of my children. All three have earned at least one letter grade lower in this class than all of their other classes. It is a shame to have a childs GPA ruined or reduced because of one class especially for parent swho do not have the option of summer classes because they have to work. Most teachers are great at communicating although there are several that refuse to answer emails even after ccing the guidance counseler and principal on the emails. There are limits to what is offered but understandable due to enrollment size. The baseball program is first rate however the softball program operates all on politics and the last name of the players. My daughter was forced out of the sport because of the coach and the off the field games that are played.

Frontier Jr-Sr High School 5

Posted May 23, 2011
The Biology teacher is excellent. No teacher can make the vocabulary or concepts of biology easier. It is, by its own nature, a difficult subject. When students do not apply themselves to the subject or do the homework or review it is not the teacher's fault. Without the work ethic necessary, any student will fail and resort to summer classes. Why not do the work in class and avoid the summer work?

Frontier Jr-Sr High School 2

Posted February 01, 2011
Significant number of students failing Biology I at this school, resulting in significant enrollment in Twin Lakes and North White Biology summer classes for makeup credit. Longstanding statistic of high failures in Biology I at this school.

Posted February 04, 2007
- a former student
I went to Frontier a few years ago and although it was a safe and friendly environment. I realized, though, after entering the real world that more could have been done.. Being in a small school gave room for slacking and poor social skills. Sports were great and gave many the ability to work as a team. But the world has more to offer then sports.. The kids need to be challange in the class room and prepared for college and what lies after that.

Frontier Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted February 05, 2006
Not all sports are offered (ie. tennis, soccer, wrestling), but I don't believe we have the numbers or the finances to support more than we have. We are competitive even with our small numbers. I only wish that the coaching staff as a whole be more knowledgeable of their particular sport and more involved with the athletes than they sometimes are. Discipline needs to be more consistent across the board and the punishment should fit the crime. The individual student should be considered. I think that some people need to step up and not be so passive. Academics are good, but there needs to be access to honors programs earlier (like more programs in the elementary). GPA's should reflect the types of classes the student takes. It's not fair to those students who take harder classes to possibly be lower in class rank than those in easier classes.

Posted April 06, 2005
- a former student

Posted March 22, 2005
i am in htis school. i am a senior and have when to this school all my life. it is ok for the one on one help but they are so small that they don't have that much to offer the kids. like soccer the growing sport i love it but they don't have it here. htey tried it out my freshmen year but we barly had games and the school didn't suport us at all because we had to use the football field to practice on, and football is the 'money maker' there.

Frontier Jr-Sr High School
1 Chalmers Drive, Chalmers, IN  47929
Last modified Frontier Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frontier Jr-Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top